New York-Western
Options

Alterations in Buffalo Area

Hi,
I am looking for suggestions on good reputable seamtresses in the WNY area. I bought my dress from Victoria's and they told me it's not possible to quote how much alterations cost so they tell the girls to plan on $300 for just taking in the top, hem and bustle. I don't need the hem taken in, but they recommended I add tulle to the skirt to help hold its shape instead of buying a slip and to have cups sewn in vs. buying a bra.

I am just nervous because my dress is all lace and I have heard horror stories about people whose dresses were destroyed by a bad seamstress.

I have until March before I have to schedule my fittings. Is $300 the average for alterations? Does anyone know of people who do good work for less? If it comes down to it, I am thinking maybe I should just stick with the shop I got the dress from because they know the designer Undecided

Thanks for your help!

Re: Alterations in Buffalo Area

• Options
    I highly recommend Chaybans.  They have a few locations across WNY.  I have always gone to them for prom dresses, pants hemming, etc.  Although I got my dress altered where I bought it (Bridal Chateau), my Mom and five of my bridesmaids went to Chaybans for their alterations.  I've never had a problem with their work and they are reasonably priced.
    8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!
  • Options
    have you found someone yet?   I can recommend a woman Margaret Stevens,  she does wonderful work, and is out of her home.... so the price is reasonalbe.    I got her name and number from Dyed to Match on transit.    I dont have her phone number but  she is in lancaster.... 
  • Options
    have you found someone yet?   I can recommend a woman Margaret Stevens,  she does wonderful work, and is out of her home.... so the price is reasonalbe.    I got her name and number from Dyed to Match on transit.    I dont have her phone number but  she is in lancaster.... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards