Christian Weddings

worship music/hymns

Hi all,

I'm finding it really sad I just found this board.  Our wedding is in less than 2 months!  I've really enjoyed reading some past posts.  I'm looking for some suggestions of worship music or hymns to do at our ceremony.  There will be non-Christians as well as most stripes of Christians (Catholics, Mormans, evangelicals.)  We want to have about three songs.  I want great songs that really praise the Lord (since it is a joyous occaision and all!)  I'd also like one or two to be standard and more traditional so hopefully more people know them.  Most of our friends as well as us, know most "contemporary" praise and worship from the past few years (which is about half of the 120 guests).  Anything coming to mind?

Thanks so much!

Re: worship music/hymns

• edited December 2011
    What artist do you listen to? Hillsongs? Christ for the Nations?
    What about Potters Hands or Beautiful by Kari Jobe?  Are you looking for something upbeat or something slower?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sdeleon90sdeleon90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitly go with something that has a gospel message, after all all the glory goes to Christ and no better opportunity to share Him :) I am doing I surrender all to walk down to, it is beautiful as a piano piece and so is Jesus Paid it all :)

I hope it helps!

"So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." -Matthew 19:6
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jgavigan3376jgavigan3376 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome to the board! Not sure how helpful this will be, but here's what we're doing...

Our ceremony is going to be very traditional as FI's dad is an Anglican pastor whose church is very liturgical, singing only hymns. We attend a more contemporary Baptist church with contemporary worship songs.

We are going to sing 1 o 2 hymns. Haven't decided (definitely) on them, but my front runner is "How Great Thou Art."

We're also going to play 3 contemporary songs during communion. This is a little bit of a stretch for FI and his family, but he is aggreable to incorporating parts of our typical worship into the ceremony. We haven't decided on the 3, but I'm trying to find one or two songs that celebrate Christ, and then one song that tells a story (that could be ours). Here are my ideas now:
    In Christ Alone
    Reign in Us
    It is You
    How He Loves Us
    A Beautiful History

Welcome and congrats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mahnkencmahnkenc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are a couple suggestions:

Even when the rain falls - needtobreathe

You raise me up - cant remember who sings this

forever love - francesca battisteli - beautiful and sweet song!! My bridesmaids walked down the isle to this

cinderella - steven curtis chapman

our god is an awesome god - there is a really amazing live version of this song...

your name is like honey - praise and worship song - would be good for pre-ceremony

• edited December 2011
    I second "In Christ Alone". One of my friends had it played during their unity candle ceremony and I thought it was beautiful. I'm pretty sure my FI and I will incorporate it into our ceremony as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be incorporating cece winans into my precessional and walk down the aisle.
    I will be using the congregational hymn "The longer I serve Him"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards