New York
Options

Hello All - New Knottie looking for advice!!

Hello All Brides!!! I am coming to you all for advice. I have a tought situation. I am planning a wedding in the Utica/Rome area from Birmingham, Alabama. And I could use any helpful hints and wisdom that you have :-)))Just to introduce myself....I grew up in Utica - graduated from Proctor High School and Utica College. I love central NY - and I miss it greatly. Two years ago I moved to Birmingham for graduate school. And I love living in the South - but I miss Utica very much - my guy, family, friends, and the food, the pizza, saranac beer, Adirondacks in the fall....but sadly to say...not the snow.On Labor Day I became engaged to the most wonderful man! He surprise me with a beautiful carriage ride and a ring. So now its onto the wedding plannng. And I am sending out plea for some advice and help on possible good and reliable vendors. Thank you all - and I am looking forward of chatting wth you all!!! Best of luck!!!!

Re: Hello All - New Knottie looking for advice!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!
    I am not very familiar with Rochester, but I'm sure that many of the brides on this board (or the western NY board) would be full of ideas.
    If you could give us an idea of what type of theme, location (indoors or out), and a few other starters, I'm sure you will get a lot of great feedback.
    Good luck!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    FutureDondadaFutureDondada member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I too am unfamiliar with the area but I welcome you to the board! The girls here give some great advice and are courteous (which I find is not always the case in other boards) When is your big day??
    May 2011-December Siggy My favorite registry item.
    (I managed to shatter the glass in our coffee table so we have none!)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    C*MiaC*Mia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I have lived in the Syracuse area most of my life but I work in Verona/Oneida area and have become a lot more familiar with Utica area. In fact my photog is from Utica :) I'd be happy to help give you any advice.

Also I work at Turning Stone and know how they operate and some of our competitors. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!!!! I am so happy to meet you all - thank you for answering my post!!!! It has been crazy  - and it seems that it is getting even more crazy. I am in the very beginning stages of planning. When  I come home to Utica for Thanksgiving - we will officially decide on a date - so from there the entire production will begin. I was just hoping to get any recommendation on vendors (reception venues, photography, videography, and dress shops) in the Utica/Rome area. Thank you girls so much!!! And if there is anything that I can help with, please let me know!!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards