Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Question about Shoes

I also posted this in the attire board but I thought I would put it on the local board as well to get any help that I could :) This is my first time ever asking a question on here but I know everyone is absolutely wonderful and beyond helpful so I'm looking forward to what you have to share :) I've been looking for shoes for my June wedding and think I may have actually found them! I've been looking for shoes in hopes of dyeing them Lapis (the David's Bridal color) to match my bridesmaids' dresses and was told that you can dye almost any white shoe. My question is, do you think these be dyeable with the rhinestones? (Link below)
http://www.lightinthebox.com/Satin-Upper-Mid-Heels-Strappy-Sandals--Wedding-Bridal-Shoes--0796-1001--More-Colors-Available_p162704.html

I wouldn't want the stones to get ruined... Also, my fiance' is only 1" taller than I am (I'm 5' 9" and he's 5' 10") and I really don't want to be taller than him on our wedding day with shoes. How much height will he get from his shoes that he gets with his tux?

Thank you all so much in advance! :)

Re: Question about Shoes

• edited December 2011
    I don't know much about dyeable shoes, but if you bring in a picture to David's Bridal, they should be able to tell you. Honestly, I'd be a little suspicious of the claim that you can dye "almost any" white shoe. Maybe ask around at a few boutiques to get second opinions?

As for shoe height, men's dress shoes don't add much at all. I'm not the best at estimating measurements, but I would guess 1/2 inch at most. You're probably still a ways away from registering for tuxes, but you could always have your fiance try on similar dress shoes at a shoe store so you can get a better idea of what his height will be.
  • edited December 2011
    Are the rhinestones removable? If not, I probably wouldn't recommend dying them. Have you checked out Colorifics or Colorful Creations shoes? I'm also looking for colored shoes to match bridesmaid dresses for a June wedding, and my fiancé and I are around the same height. I think what I may do is buy a cute, plain pair of dyeable shoes and add clip-on bling after they're colored!
  • hippoloverhippolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://blankweddingforsale.weebly.com/

I saw this on the classified board. She has lapis dyed shoes with rhinestones.  She may be able to answer some of your questions if you email her.

:) GL!
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_question-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:c679c74f-aab4-4c81-9994-4c9c1c1af0f1Post:9f2543d2-9319-4e4c-bb4e-b8c5f3fd61c5">Re: Question about Shoes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are the rhinestones removable? If not, I probably wouldn't recommend dying them. Have you checked out Colorifics or Colorful Creations shoes? I'm also looking for colored shoes to match bridesmaid dresses for a June wedding, and my fiancé and I are around the same height. I think what I may do is <strong>buy a cute, plain pair of dyeable shoes and add clip-on bling after they're colored</strong>!
    Posted by Sscholfield[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest this. I wouldn't chance dying the shoes with the rhinestones on them. Also, I would think that he'd only get about a half an inch, maybe 3/4 from his shoes. You could always have him try them on to see.
  • edited December 2011

AshP12- good idea, there’s a boutique I can ask in Woodbury, I might have to head over there!

Sscholfield and tpender13- I’ve been browsing Coloriffics but not Colorful Creations, I’ll look into that. And this may sound completely clueless but where would be the best place to get clip-on bling?? Etsy?

Hippolover- those shoes are wonderful! I might have to send her an email :) Thank you!

Thank you ladies! I feel so less lost on this whole shoe thing now! :)

• edited December 2011
    i wasn't impressed with the "dyable" shoes i saw.... i thought most of them were ... i won't say fugly, but definately not me.  lol.

davids bridal has some pretty cute ones, and some that come in multiple colors.... i wanna say the shoes i almost bought came in lapis.

i found some cheap shoes that i plan to glitter myself.....

but i also looked at stick on gems/jewels, that sort of thing.... that might work if you can't find clip-on things you like. 
    i guess i wasn't willing to put a lot of money into a pair of shoes i'll probably only wear once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards