January 2012 Weddings

Why are people so f*cling rude?

yes, I realize it's Christmas and I'm venting away, but I just left our family Christmas dinner pissed. Aunt decides that she's taken it upon herself to invite her son's new girlfriend to the wedding. I don't know new girlfriend, have never met her, but "apparently I'll really love her bc she's so cute and sweet... And no worries, she's also offered to pay me for the extra person."......first of all, I'm not taking your money so that your sons new gf can come and second of all, rude!!..... Then right after aunt informed me of her +1, female cousin then informed me that she's bringing her gf.... "you know we went to highschool together so it's ok."..... Wtf is wrong with people?..... I grinned and politely said, we're paying $100 a head per person and extras aren't invited!..... Wtf?!?!?... I need more booze. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs and spelling--typing from iPhone.

Re: Why are people so f*cling rude?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_people-fcling-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:8efddd88-5ddd-4621-b9cd-9e21a28beacaPost:509105be-faf5-4c07-9c87-5a834463bd6d">Why are people so f*cling rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I grinned and politely said, we're paying $100 a head per person and extras aren't invited!..... Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

So, what did they say after you said this?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep, this has happened to me a lot.  You are a lot stronger then me! We just let it slide cause we didn't want to deal with the drama.  BUT we aren't paying close to 100/pp.

What was said after you stood up for youself? GOOD JOB BTW!
  • The entire room got quiet and my grandmother changed the subject. My aunt later texted me and told me that my uncle wouldn't come so that my cousins friend could come instead. I told her no, that I wanted my uncle there and I didn't know this other person. She never responded. I'm sure they'll bring my uncle and this extra person. I should invoice them for the extra people that they are toting along. I hate people.
  • I can totally understand what you are going through... A co worker of mine recently texted me saying she wants to bring her very very new boyfriend with her to the reception and said that she would pay for him.... I think it is rude to even say/ask to bring someone when a +1 was not given to you in the first place.  The nerve some people have sometimes is ridiculous!! 

Im glad you stood up for yourself.  I did the same thing after letting the text message linger for a day so i could get my thoughts together!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_people-fcling-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:8efddd88-5ddd-4621-b9cd-9e21a28beacaPost:b96130ce-a5f6-4bd2-8e96-a0b51d321e61">Re: Why are people so f*cling rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The entire room got quiet and my grandmother changed the subject. My aunt later texted me and told me that my uncle wouldn't come so that my cousins friend could come instead. I told her no, that I wanted my uncle there and I didn't know this other person. She never responded. I'm sure they'll bring my uncle and this extra person. I should invoice them for the extra people that they are toting along. I hate people.
    Posted by Rdh2MrsOMFS[/QUOTE]

Put a bouncer at the door with a guest list......
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_people-fcling-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:8efddd88-5ddd-4621-b9cd-9e21a28beacaPost:f2ff3bff-2056-4b4c-a028-ebf7e4a7140c">Re: Why are people so f*cling rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are people so f*cling rude? : Put a bouncer at the door with a guest list......
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]

Love this! And I agree it's very rude to ask for a +1 no matter the circumstance.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_people-fcling-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:8efddd88-5ddd-4621-b9cd-9e21a28beacaPost:f2ff3bff-2056-4b4c-a028-ebf7e4a7140c">Re: Why are people so f*cling rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why are people so f*cling rude? : Put a bouncer at the door with a guest list......
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]

Hah, now theres a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards