Snarky Brides

Wedding Dreams

I know everyone has talked about this one a lot, But I just started having them again.

Last night I had a dream that my venue decided to move my wedding to right now. out of the blue. I put my dress on and it was the wrong one but I guess I didn't care. then on the way to the venue I stopped to get coffee but no one was there so I went inside to make it myself.
     I ended up working there for an hour. I had to do everything within my power not to spill on my dress. I think that was the most stressful part.
then I went to the venue and all my decorations were orange, went to check out the cake and it was just a pile of donut holes....with smeared frosting on it..
then almost no one showed up because everyone was still thinking it was in june....

it was weird.

anyways wanna share your wedding nightmares?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Wedding Dreams

• it was so weird.
    I was thinking in my dream it might not be so bad if they were stacked but it was a pile.

and the frosting was only on some because they kept rolling away..
  • I had one the other night. Something about our venue not being right, I don't remember entirely. I decided I was more comfortable not in my dress so I changed into jeans and a hoodie (because, ya know, that's practical for June). 

I've had a few so far, usually centered around my dress. I think it's probably because I had a horribly difficult time finding a dress and kind of just settled on one once I had exhausted all my options. That kind of weighs on me I guess. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had tons of wedding dreams.  Most including something epicly disturbing like in one, my pastor showed up and insisted his calendar stated he was there for a bris and darn it, that's what was going to happen.

Also OP, I like your screen name.  I was all "I like apples, and jam, and butter, and apple butter!"  and now I'm hungry for apple butter and toast.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-dreams-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:feaecf4a-f31b-4a06-8ebb-d292938a0184Post:b46c92c9-ff34-44c3-b01b-858eb27fb769">Re: Wedding Dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had tons of wedding dreams.  Most including something epicly disturbing like in one, <strong>my pastor showed up and insisted his calendar stated he was there for a bris and darn it, that's what was going to happen</strong>. Also OP, I like your screen name.  I was all "I like apples, and jam, and butter, and apple butter!"  and now I'm hungry for apple butter and toast.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

This just made my day!

Thank you, I don't know how it started but I have always used it.
  • I ended up buying a private exclusive label from the salon. I was torn over a Maggie dress I drooled over for months before finding out the price or trying it on. It ended up being like $700 over budget or something stupid like that. 

Ignore my stupid face. I was tired. Sorry for thread jacking, haha. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's beautiful!
  • Beautiful dress, cnf!

I had strange dreams too, most of which involved not being ready.  No dress, no flowers, no rings, guests all assembled and ready for a ceremony when we were nowhere ready to go.  Apparently I have a subliminal fear of things going on without me.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-dreams-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:feaecf4a-f31b-4a06-8ebb-d292938a0184Post:692708d5-0907-4243-9559-9e7dd0930b1c">Re: Wedding Dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beautiful dress, cnf! I had strange dreams too, most of which involved not being ready.  No dress, no flowers, no rings, guests all assembled and ready for a ceremony when we were nowhere ready to go.  Apparently I have a subliminal fear of things going on without me.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

That is what all my other dreams were like.

something awful like the date always gets moved up and I have nothing ready.

Especially my dress. I am not very tall and my dress is super long and strapless.. so I have to hold it up and on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-dreams-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:feaecf4a-f31b-4a06-8ebb-d292938a0184Post:7a5684c7-b355-4fbd-961f-2cd53fa67159">Re: Wedding Dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't remember any weird wedding dreams.  <strong>It's so funny looking back, though, b/c so much of what I thought was SO important was not actually important</strong>.  Oh well.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Share your insight, perhaps? I feel like I get all worked up over stupid things. Although, I haven't cared about things like centerpieces or linens or anything asinine like that yet, so maybe not. My dress was my first big stressor and now I'm stressing over finding a wedding ring. I'd like to think those are legit, but I'm probably just being a spoiled brat in reality. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-dreams-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:feaecf4a-f31b-4a06-8ebb-d292938a0184Post:717758ba-c770-4724-98df-9dce9c1e268f">Re: Wedding Dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Dreams : Share your insight, perhaps? I feel like I get all worked up over stupid things. Although, I haven't cared about things like centerpieces or linens or anything asinine like that yet, so maybe not. My dress was my first big stressor and now I'm stressing over finding a wedding ring. I'd like to think those are legit, but I'm probably just being a spoiled brat in reality. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

You just read my mind. I feel like its too soon to be stressed and worried but I am.
  • One very important thing I learned was this:  I had endless lists of things to stress over. . . decorations, food, etc, etc, etc.   At some point you have to let it go.  Once the big things have been taken care of, many of those small details will never be noticed by anyone but you.  I didn't finish every last thing on my list, and honestly it didn't matter.  Nobody knew that I didn't get those last few items done, and wouldn't have cared anyway.  And, in hindsight, I spent too much time on unimportant things like the CD favors (should have done cookies instead).  I should have stopped stressing about details and enjoyed the last week more than I did.

If your guests have a nice place to sit, good food and beverage, and enjoyable company for the ceremony and reception . . . that's all that matters.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • That really helps.

I am mostly worried about the spawn of satan I have to let come to the wedding.

and my super grumpy grandpa.
  • Ugh, I am sorry about your dress situation. I should have looked at these boards before I planned anything.

I bought my dress immediately. (I don't know what I was thinking.)
    now I have to hide from dress pictures. I still love it but I am nervous I won't.

• That is what I have been trying to do.

I picked the Venue in February and the dress in January.

Pretty much just avoid any pictures of anything i've already done.

and I have a year and a half engagement. It's been hard to not look at pictures. I just got so excited.
    I definitely deserve a face palm for that one.
  • I waited for dress shopping but it clearly made no difference, haha. I get fixated. 

As for details, I'm so not crafty so that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me. I bought silk flowers for crazy cheap for centerpieces and I can't wait to go dump them off on my venue coordinator and say good luck doing something with them. They provide vases/bowls/votives/whatever, you just have to fill them. My plan it to drop off a few containers of water beads and the silks and say make it look decent. 

We nixed favors. I wanted mini bottles of our favorite wine, but I can't seem to part with the money for it. It just doesn't seem worth it. I've either never gotten a favor at a wedding, or it's been a stupid little trinket that I trashed afterwards. 

We're having a buffet dinner with like three different meal choices and like four different sides or something, so everyone should find something to eat. And we have premium open bar for the whole event. We don't mess around ;)

Wooo, I feel better now, haha. Thank you!!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited November 2012

Hi applejambutter,

I get it about the dreams. It’s our dear brain / mind, working while we sleep, to solve problems, run through all the possible things that could go wrong , and then jumble it all up of course into a bizarre mind film.

The key is to…

1.       Find time to unwind, especially before you go to bed- find some funny, or relaxing things to do- which are totally unrelated to planning your wedding and use this to unwind at least 30 mins before bed.  There is a free Bride’s relaxation audio I created, that really helps if you have difficulty sleeping and distressing before their wedding.  You are welcome to try it out- at…  http://www.preweddingstressrelief.com/

2.       Find some helpful tools and resources to help you plan your wedding- so you can get all those thoughts out of your head, and written down- or planned externally- again so that your unconscious mind can have a break while you sleep at night. I have just finished creating a special Wedding Checklist called the Wedding Checklist Formula -currently available from http://www.WeddingChecklistFormula.com It’s  free to access for now- It contains a blueprint for the most important items on your wedding checklist and it saves you from stress, confusion and overwhelm in planning a successful wedding.

If you get a chance to use it, I would dearly love your feedback on it.

http://www.weddingchecklistformula.com

I agree with Les Paul. Don’t let yourself stress over the less important or little things. On the day- the most important part is marrying the one you love, and you will have taken care of the really big things- like your most wanted guests- venue- location. The rest will fall into place, and the other bits- people won’t even notice.

Enjoy the wedding  planning process and most importantly enjoy your special day.

Warmest wishes,  Nomiki

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards