Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Does this exist?? - Wedding Photographer under $1000!

I'm looking for a photographer that's around or under $1000 for our wedding. We're getting married in September 2012 in Orono and the reception will be in Excelsior. In an ideal world I'd go with a more expensive photographer but we just can't afford it.  Any suggestions of actual photographers?  I've already craigslisted and will continue to, but I'd love a referal!!

Thank you!

Re: Does this exist?? - Wedding Photographer under $1000!

• Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Elise from Elisabeth Ann Photography. She's just over $1000 at $1300, but you get all day coverage and 2 photographers. And if you're not doing e-pics, you can take $100 off the price. Her work is just as good as the more expensive photographers, IMO, and she's wonderful to work with! :)

ETA: What are your venues, just because I'm curious. :) Noerenberg Gardens and Bayview by chance? I had looked into both originally since I grew up in Minnetonka. :)
  • Thank you!  I'll check her out.

The ceremony is at The Woods Chapel (outdoor) in Orono, and the reception is most likely going to be at the Old Log Theatre.  Very rustic.  :)
  • Kara Knutson from M.E. Photography is just under $1,000.  She was my photographer and I thought she was amazing!

Her link is http://karaknutson.com/?load=html

Let me know if you have any questions!
  • We are using Trevor M Photography.  He has a photojournalistic style which I love and charges $125 an hour with a release of the images. 
  • I went to high school with a girl that has her own photography business. She's pretty good and is one we're considering. Here is what she sent me for her prices:

Silver

$600 for 4 hours
    Hours do not include driving time
    The 2 locations can include the reception or ceremony; if they are at the same location
    the second could be the place you are getting ready.
    Includes all high resolution photos taken on a disc, with rights to print, copy, and share.

Gold

$800 for 6 hours
    This package gives me a little more time to get some really nice pictures of not only
    what you want but what you might not have remembered and things that you just
    shouldn’t forget.
    Includes all high resolution photos taken on a disc, with rights to print, copy, and share.

Platinum

$1,000 for 8 hours
    This is a great package for me to be able to capture everything from arriving at the
    ceremony location to the first dance and all the little details in between.

Diamond

$1,800 for all day
    This package is my favorite; I will be able to truly tell the story from beginning to end
    of the day you will never want to forget. My job is to make sure that I capture every
    moment and emotion and this package makes it possible not to miss anything!
    This package also includes an 11x14 canvas gallery wrap of any image of your choice.

The name of her company is Alyssa Rei Photography. Facebook is probably the best way to find her but she does have a website too (alyssarei.com).

I'm also considering another person I know form college but I do not have her pricing information yet. I'll let you know if I get it soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I used Imagen.  It's $1077 for 2 photographers all day, plus 2 other photo sessions of your choosing (we did e-pics and our rehearsal dinner).  I have a full review and pics in my married bio.  

We really liked them and though that their pictures were beautiful.  My siggy pic and profile pic were both taken by Imagen. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_does-this-exist-wedding-photographer-under-1000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:4e87cbd1-8458-4a42-a549-9e147cafdcc6Post:8bf277fd-3ee4-4eaf-9d2e-cc1f2348f33f">Re: Does this exist?? - Wedding Photographer under $1000!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you!  I'll check her out. The ceremony is at The Woods Chapel (outdoor) in Orono, and the reception is most likely going to be at the Old Log Theatre.  Very rustic.  :)
    Posted by danatomato[/QUOTE]

<div>Ooooh, the Woods Chapel is gorgeous! It was my second choice for an outdoor ceremony, but was just too far from our reception venue. And the Old Log is great, I always forget the do weddings. Good choices! :)</div>
  • We are using Mark Palas Photography for $1,200.  This gets us 8 hours of coverage and an engagement session. 
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • I am in the middle of a search for a photographer also and this is a GREAT thread- we just can't imagine paying $2000+ for a photographer!
    Sinisa & Debbie. Joined together in Friendship- united Forever in Love. Proud Parents to : Luca 3-17-2008 & Marco 1-27-2012. Mommy and Daddy are getting Married on August 19th, 2012! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out people who are new to the biz and trying to build portfolios. Look on Craigs List or at art schools for graduating seniors. They will often do amazing work for very little money. We had a friend just starting out who did ours for $500-- entire wedding and e-pics! She was every bit as good as the profs.
    Photobucket
  • We are close to booking Emma with Frost on Flower (<click).  She charges $125/hour. I definitely suggest going with someone willing to do an hourly rate if you are OK with less hours of photo coverage!
  • I'm meeting with Trevor M Photography next week and will probably be going with him.  His pictures online are beautiful and he is great with communication so far.
  • Check out Lisa Gunderson photography .. she has very reasonable prices and has been very pleasant to work with.
  • if you're not afraid of a generic big company that assigns a photog to you, check out Studio Blue.  We were going to go with them until we won photography from Bellagala.  Now Studio Blue is just doing our engagement pics using the money we already paid them.  It's $795 for 6 hours when it's "on-sale" which is like every other week.  www.studioblue.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you all for your help!  We did end up going with one of your suggestions (though I can't find who suggested her):

Chelsey Marie Photography!

Her base package is $1100.  We worked out a special package with her since we already had engagement pictures (which is included in all her packages) and wanted high res photos for printing later.

Best of luck to all!
  • ryansadey09ryansadey09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I have a friend that is doing my engagement and wedding photos. She charges $1000 for weddings and does an amazing job!! She has a facebook fan page under Kari Goodrie Photography. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
  • For those of you who may have used these photographers, I know I'd love to see some photos and hear more! My FI and I are not enjoying the search for an affordable, and good, photographer...
  • Hello,

I am a wedding photographer based in Ottawa, ON. I have a wedding collection at $1,000. Give me a shout to talk details :)

info@nicolesalterphotography.ca
    www.nicolesalterphotography.ca
  • Check out Blue Boots Photography... Under $1000 for like 8 hours and it includes a copyright release...Beautiful pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards