New York-Long Island

wedding officiant help?

I'm getting marriend May 21, 2011 and want to have a very small, intimate and non-religious ceremony at a park near our reception in Sea Cliff.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an officiant (ideally i was thinking of a retired judge, but am open).

thank you!

Re: wedding officiant help?

• edited December 2011
    Dawn is marrying us in Oct. and we absolutely LOVE HER. The ceremony she wrote for us is in my bio if you want an example of her work. She also married 2 close friends of ours in June and it was just beautiful. I really couldn't have wished for a better officant and we're getting EXACTLY what we want from her.

http://abundantblissceremonies.com/
  • edited December 2011

My officiant is open to everything, not just specifically catholic, but she'll insorporate whatever you like into your ceremony.  She was a reference from one of our vendors so we figured why not try her first when we were looking around. 
    After meeting her we didn't have to look any further.  She's amazing.  At our meeting we spent over an hour with her discussing our relationship and what we wanted for our ceremony.  She'e really interested in her clients and has many resources available to make your ceremony meaningfull.  So far we've only met with her once but she's offered as many meetings and councing sessions as we need before the wedding date included in her fee. 
    Her name is Kathleen Casserly and her cell number is 631-235-4838.  Her email is kathleen.casserly@mac.com.--from JAZZAMIN
    posted last weeek for another girl...I also know sommeone who used this officiant too and loved her.

• edited December 2011
    Love Kathleen!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Pastor Bill....we were both raised with no religion, but wanted to incorporate some Jewish traditions and have a well rounded ceremony.
    He's awesome, and is in Nassau County.

http://www.clergyoncallministries.com/index.aspx?TypeContent=ATTORNEYPROFILE&Attorney_ProfilesID=145
  • ceyringceyring member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My officiant is Dr. Robert Koepfer.  She calls her business Stepping Stone Ceremonies.  We've met with her to discuss an outline for our completely nonreligious wedding and so far she's great.  Very intelligent and creative.  She's actually a retired bio professor and personally a Buddhist, so she's just the combination my fiance and I were looking for: both spiritual (without needing to add any religious nonsense) and dignified.  We definitely didn't want anyone New-Agey!  :)  My sister used Retired Judge William Corbett back in 2007 (he advertises all over the place)  and he was good too.  He cracked a few good jokes.  But his ceremony style was a little more cookie-cutter (albeit with customization options) than what we were looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    thank you all for these suggestions. im going to start making some calls and really appreciate all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards