Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Inexpensive venues around Philly

hi fellow knotties!

my FI and i currently live in north jersey, but my family is in philadelphia/montco and his family is in the lehigh valley. i would be open to a venue in any of the surrounding areas, but i'm on a tight budget!! we're hoping for a sunday afternoon in november[11-3-13] to help us lower costs from the start. we're paying for the wedding ourselves, and between living in north jersey [where we were lucky enough to find jobs within our field] where the cost of living is outrageous and paying off all of our student debt, we don't have much money to save for the wedding. however- we do want to have the wedding sooner than later. i have no problem cutting costs.. i am DIY'ing a lot of the wedding [invites, programs, bouquets, etc] but i want to have a nice, inexpensive wedding.. not a CHEAP wedding.

any ideas?

Re: Inexpensive venues around Philly

• How much are you looking to spend per person on venue/food? How many guests?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • How were you able to get that price from Joseph Ambler? Are they letting you doing a banquet buffet instead of a wedding reception? I'm just really shocked by the price! They were one of the first places I cut off my list because they were up there.

If you don't mind me asking, what does it include?? Would you be having your ceremony there?
  • Ditto Ballrooms At Boothwyn. My daughter is getting married there in Feb. (not this one next) Tim is great! In fact a large part of the reason we went there was the customer service (and the smells from the kitchen the first time I was there lol) To die for! We got a price under $40 pp but Friday/Feb/limited bar limited hors d'oevres to cheese/fruit but that included all the tax/tips etc. too. Also offered a great price by William Penn Inn near Plymouth Mtg. Mall. But Boothwyn/Lia's ended up being a better deal, closer to where we live etc. We're bringing our own cake at that price though, and as I said, limited open bar, cold hors d'oevres. It's more expensive if you go with the all inclusive wedding package which is probably what Lauren who posted above has. But planned for Feb. which slashed the price dramatically. 
    We looked at King's Mill, Aston? Media? pretty location, price pretty good, but I didn't feel like I got the customer service I was looking for there.  We want her wedding to be as special as possible, we really felt that Ballrooms at Boothwyn/Lia's Catering offered the combination of the best price and the most caring customer service.  (No I don't work for them lol!) And since both my daughter and I agreed it was a no brainer! We literally got back in the car and said "This is it!" Even though we had other appointments still coming up.  We kept the other appts. but... went w/Lia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards