Snarky Brides
Options

Today I tried to be nice.....

2»

Re: Today I tried to be nice.....

• Options
    Aprove, what's the deal with mace in NJ?  Someone told me it's illegal, but their intelligence is questionable.  I definitely want to carry some around. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:9187d5c2-3fa3-42ca-8561-a63f662513e7">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aprove, what's the deal with mace in NJ?  Someone told me it's illegal, but their intelligence is questionable.  I definitely want to carry some around. 
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

Oh its illegal the regular kind.  You have to go buy this red pepper version.  Basically it works like mace but isn't mace.  You also have to be over 18 and it has to be a pre determined size.  I guess I maced him with faux mace.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:f5526c10-cd3f-40c8-9ba6-0f5499d5d956">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today I tried to be nice..... : Oh its illegal the regular kind.  You have to go buy this red pepper version.  Basically it works like mace but isn't mace.  You also have to be over 18 and it has to be a pre determined size.  I guess I maced him with faux mace.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]
    Mace or faux mace, as long as it works, it's good with me.  Okay, I'll have to check this out.  I wish we could carry those little tasers that are legal in other parts of the country, although I freely admit it could definitely get out of hand.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:68f4978d-c2c3-4638-8cca-200deda9b994">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohmigawd!! I'm glad you're okay. I carry mace, but I applaud you for having the wherewithall to use it. I would have curled up in the fetal position and given him my SSN and mother's maiden name.
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

If I'd had a chance to be scared I may have reacted differently but I was angry and flabbergasted. 

I only carry self defense items I'd actually use.  Getting a permit to carry a concealed gun is very difficult in NJ or I might carry a gun.  I'm very comfortable with guns, mace and tasers and won't hesitate to use them if someone trys to harm me.  However, Jelique mentioned carrying a knife.  I don't have much experience with self defense in terms of knife skills so that isn't something I'd carry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:ba3bff59-52c4-4a50-b87e-5cb4ba34a650">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today I tried to be nice..... : Mace or faux mace, as long as it works, it's good with me.  Okay, I'll have to check this out.  I wish we could carry those little tasers that are legal in other parts of the country, although I freely admit it could definitely get out of hand.

If you go to Dickks....back near the gun area you can get the legal NJ version. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:1bac4ec7-5070-46d0-8158-fb29976bd6d8">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]aprov! go you. Can you come to my law school please and thanks? I could use someone to rough up the creeps who hang around the area. btw- hows law school? fb me! :)
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie.  I've been enjoying your wedding photos!  You were such a stunning bride. 

I'd love to go to law school in Boston vs. Camden. That isn;t a fair comparison.  Law school is beyond hectic.  Love three of my classes....legally writing, torts and contracts.  Civil procedure makes me want to scream.  You'll be getting a FB message soon!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:9e95be43-89bc-4a55-8c0b-87b50b0e4335">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today I tried to be nice..... : If you go to Dickks....back near the gun area you can get the legal NJ version. 
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]
    Okay, I'll read up on it and then check it out in person.   I live in a nice, small town  that's borders super rich Bergen County towns and I almost got robbed in a Rite Aid parking lot. It can happen anywhere. I think the guy was high and it was scary as hell.  I just hit the alarm on my car and ran into it (I was pretty close) and he backed off, but I realized that I didn't have much more than just basic self-defense knowledge.  I'd like to learn more and carry something (like the spray) for more protection.
  • Options
    You go, girl.  That's awesome.  And it's funny, since you weren't hurt.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:e766eae4-89a2-4c40-ac3e-b3377dedfdc5">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today I tried to be nice..... : Okay, I'll read up on it and then check it out in person.   I live in a nice, small town  that's borders super rich Bergen County towns and I almost got robbed in a Rite Aid parking lot. It can happen anywhere. I think the guy was high and it was scary as hell.  I just hit the alarm on my car and ran into it (I was pretty close) and he backed off, but I realized that I didn't have much more than just basic self-defense knowledge.  I'd like to learn more and carry something (like the spray) for more protection.

I took some self defense classes.  Made me more sure of myself. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-tried-nice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2049c30f-3b88-4c9e-b70b-cebadcd8c2baPost:160f9154-acbd-442e-9f62-a552a08d8779">Re: Today I tried to be nice.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]You go, girl.  That's awesome.  And it's funny, since you weren't hurt.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

=) Thanks....and if he hurt me I would have hung onto his legs till I took him down.  Then I'd sue his ass.....because thats the first reaction of a lawyer lol.
  • Options
    You girls who have not taken self defense classes should look into RAD. Its a all women's self defense class that I have taken 3 times and helped teach it once. It has really helped me not to be afraid in scary situations (now that I know what to do). They also have RAD Kids, this teaches kids the basics about what to do in a fire or if someone tries to get them to get in the car with them and stuff like that. I have helped teach both classes and they are excellent. I know they have them all over the US but you should see if they offer it near you. You get a binder filled with information and you can go back as many times as you want to take the class.

RAD = Rape Aggression Defense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Holy shiit. I'm glad you're okay! Super Cher!
  • Options
    Man, I wish I'd been there to see that. Awesome!
  • Options
    You go girl!  Good thing for mace :) 

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards