Missouri-Kansas City

Belvoir Winery???

does anyone know anything about this place? i haven't received a call or email back from my messages. i'm very interested but actually drove to the place myself this weekend and it looks like there is a lot of work to be done. anyone else booking there? and were you able to able to see any schematics? thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Belvoir Winery???

• kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I emailed them and got a response back within the hour. Maybe they've been out of the office or something.  I decided to not go look at it because he basically told me that all of the renovations are up in the air and they aren't even sure of what they will be building and how many people it will accommodate when it is done.  I even told him my wedding was in 2012 and he said that he couldn't guarantee anything would be done by then!
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this.  I'm getting married there next July.  He's probably out of the office, he normally emails me back within a day or so.  Yes, there's a lot of work to be done.  When I looked there in late February, they didn't have any floors down or walls put up (but did have studs).  However, you could imagine how it was going to be laid out and it will be beautiful.  The iron top should be on the gazebo soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and they are set to open up in July or August.  Their first wedding is the first weekend in October, or around then.  That'd be a little close for comfort for me, but it should be fine by next year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!

I am sooooo interested, but like you said - really too close for comfort. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hmmm i've never even heard of it, but I do love wineries! Is it close to KC?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's in Liberty, about 20 minutes north of downtown KC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ItalianBItalianB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm suppose to be getting married there in 2 months and now have to change places. I would never recommend this place it has been one nightmare after another. He double books and has no communication w his wedding coordinator. He doubled booked my wedding but also doubled book my wedding rehearsal. He also promised the upstairs room would be done to fit my 200 plus guest and now its not going to be done and said he never said that. He expects me to have my guest in 3-4 diff rooms or pay another $1600 to have my reception outside which I told him we couldn't from the start due to my dads health problems. This place is very unorganized and shouldn't be at all in business for my concern.
  • thebigrcthebigrc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a new winery in Liberty, Missouri, it's about 20 minutes from downtown KC-- it's seriously beautiful inside now that the first floor renovations are finished, they have been incredibly easy to work with, and I would bet that any problems that happened with them before was just because they weren't officially open. I just love working with them, my wedding is out there in October 2011: http://www.belvoirwinery.com

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_belvoir-winery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:f7ceaae6-f527-481f-9764-72d88955feaaPost:389c428f-2eab-4085-9ba6-09152f6116e7">Re: Belvoir Winery???</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a new winery in Liberty, Missouri, it's about 20 minutes from downtown KC-- it's seriously beautiful inside now that the first floor renovations are finished, they have been incredibly easy to work with, and I would bet that any problems that happened with them before was just because they weren't officially open. I just love working with them, my wedding is out there in October 2011: <a href="http://www.belvoirwinery.com" rel='nofollow'>http://www.belvoirwinery.com</a>
    Posted by thebigrc[/QUOTE]

Are you Rachel the wedding coordinator out there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards