July 2013 Weddings

Wedding Colors

We just got engaged last week and are in full planning mode! We set the date, church, and venue, and now I would LOVE to move on to colors. Anyone have any great ideas?! I love navy and there is a Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dress color called "Sangria" and I am trying to find a color similar to the Sangria. Or other options to go with navy are welcome :)

Re: Wedding Colors

• congratulations!! we're definitely doing the red and blue thing too, but our colors are aqua, navy and cranberry (which is just a tad lighter than sangria, so that would work for you too!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We've chosen Navy and Deep Pink. My BM's are weariing dresses in "Watermelon" from David's Birdal, but whomever picked the name was WAY off. It's more raspberry. We'll also be adding hints of kelly green in here and there. 
  • We are doing a dark purple and peach color <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours are orange, gray and white not obnoxious street cone orange but more of a sherberty,creamsicle lol I think anything will go with a deep blue..turquoise, pinks, even shades of yellow. My best friend chose a deep navy blue for her wedding with sunflowers as her yellow and it looks really pretty. You can also try image search googleing navy/blue weddings and see whats out there
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • For fabrics we're going for black & teal.

For flowers we're using deep pink + white.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • We are having the bridesmaids dresses in clover green from Davids with a truffle sash. So they would look like this picture. While flowers would then be whites and greens.

• yeah, we're going to do hints of green too, walkers! but i hadn't thought of how nice sunflowers would look...thanks for the idea, G2V!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:3ca9e806-f86e-4456-9875-f3c7aad6f9b2Post:81245331-4647-4fb2-82af-3ac65fedb52c">Re: Wedding Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, we're going to do hints of green too, walkers! but i hadn't thought of how nice sunflowers would look...thanks for the idea, G2V!
    Posted by missquela[/QUOTE]

welcome! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Primary: Black, white
    Secondary: royal/coblat blue, silver

Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Since I am marrying into the biggest Ohio State family, our colors are going to be scarlet and grey. My dress is white with a scarlet sash and the bridesmaids dresses are scarlet with a grey sash. The men will all have scarlet vests and bowties.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was on this website and I saw the colors that I want, my colors are Fuchisa, Ivory and silver.
    if you like navy, then add a little white/Ivory and Silver
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    We're going with tanish (burlap) lavender, grayish, light blue - imagine the shades of colors you find hydrangeas in - burlap and hydrangeas- that's my inspiration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Orange, Pink and Green here. Very summer :) 
  • Sunflowers do look great with green. We're actually doing a brighter green, a Kelly green for the dresses and then yellow daisies for the flowers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards