Rhode Island

Rosecliff Mansion Cost?

Calling All Brides!

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten pricing for Rosecliff Mansion, Newport, RI.  I has called a couple of times, but with no success.  I live in NY and this would be my ideal venue, but I'm not driving 4+ hours just to find out that I can't afford it!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I will have 150 guests and prefer the Terrace on the backyard.  We will be getting married either Labor Day Weekend or Sept. 17th.

Re: Rosecliff Mansion Cost?

• edited December 2011
    I did, although it was for 2010 pricing.  Here is some of the basic info. 

Rental was $15K for Sat and $8,500 for Sun-Fri. 
    Min of 7 personnel at $17.50/pp/hr
    Police and Fire detail at $55/pp/hr
    Prep and cleanup $1500-$2000

• edited December 2011
    I looked in earlier this year and was quote $25K for a Saturday night in June 2011.  That was for a 5 hour room rental, clean up fees, staff of over 10 people, tables and chairs.  So crazy.  Needless to say, we ended up somewhere else. 
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard from a vendor that they were trying to get more people to book and had lowererd their prices.
    i called again for a quote for the heck of it (even though ive already booked my venue)

for 2011 I just got a quote of:
    19500 for a saturday
    and 10500 for a friday/sunday

plus a 2500 cleaning and set up charge (separate from your caterers)

So I guess they have come downa  BIT

i heard a crazy story about some girl calling and booking it for 4500 on a Friday. but i think that is just a "wedding fable and folk lore"
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like the 2011 prices are the same now as they were when I inquired in January of this year.  I know with Astor's Beechwood closed they will naturally book more events, but the Preservation Society doesn't want to be a wedding factory and they always have been very clear about that.  Weddings are tough on those old properties. I would have liked to be at Rosecliff, but I just couldn't ask my parents to throw us a wedding like that.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_rosecliff-mansion-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:b1a00d9b-8104-4094-a6f0-6b087f741877Post:8a00b6a0-0acd-44db-9cea-de6b879b2ab0">Re: Rosecliff Mansion Cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]... i think that is just a "wedding fable and folk lore"
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

Ha! Love it.

I can't believe those prices. I mean, I can, but wow. Our whole wedding didn't cost the Saturday rental fee! And then catering and bar, etc., etc on top of that? Yikes. 
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    ya super expensive. I friend of mine got married there two years ago, and I think her wedding was around 80k... so if that is your budget, then it is a beauitful option.

its certainly not my budget.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_rosecliff-mansion-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:b1a00d9b-8104-4094-a6f0-6b087f741877Post:acf0cca9-95d8-4e96-9822-d9574868eac2">Re: Rosecliff Mansion Cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ya super expensive. I friend of mine got married there two years ago, and I think her wedding <strong>was around 80k</strong>... so if that is your budget, then it is a beauitful option. its certainly not my budget.
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

OK, now this was almost 10 years ago, before the real estate boom (at 37 I'm a little older than the average first-time bride), but that's what my <strong>HOUSE</strong> cost! Actually, it's even $100 more than my house cost! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    We're each entitled to spend what we want to, for whatever we want to. OP might think that's a great deal. You really can't compare a Rosecliff wedding to any other wedding, KWIM???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_rosecliff-mansion-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:b1a00d9b-8104-4094-a6f0-6b087f741877Post:03bd4c70-8dd5-4902-be11-f714adc41ef2">Re: Rosecliff Mansion Cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're each entitled to spend what we want to, for whatever we want to. OP might think that's a great deal. You really can't compare a Rosecliff wedding to any other wedding, KWIM???
    Posted by shanlubey[/QUOTE]

you are right you cant.
    If that is the budget. then that is a great option. it is a beautiful place.
    btu it might not be her budget, so now she knows.

Kb is right 10 years ago, and even today certianly it is the cost of a house or a condo at least. but some people can afford to spend 80 grand on a wedding and then spent more on a home, and some cant

thats why we are lucky to have so many wonderful options for ALL budget in ri :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards