New Jersey - South

Have I waited to long to schedule a dress fitting?

I haven't had even one dress fitting yet...i've been trying to get into the best shape possible first so i'm trying to wait as long I can but I guess i'm running out of time! lol how close to my wedding (Jan 6, 2012)  can I schedule a dress fitting and does anyone recommend any good places at a decent price?  I heard david's bridal isn't the best place to go for dress fittings although that is where I purchased my dress.

I hoping to get my dress altered down one size...would sometime in mid Dec be too late for a dress fitting?

Any advice would be great..thanks!! =D

Jess

Re: Have I waited to long to schedule a dress fitting?

• edited December 2011
    Im wondering the same thing! My wedding is January 22, 2012 and I havent scheduled mine either. I was told by a friend of mine who is a wedding planner that it would be smart to make my appt no sooner than dec so that I shouldnt need multiple fittings. But where to go and when are the questions..........
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've gone to Attenzione by Ceil in Haddonfield.  D've only had BM dresses done myself, but my SIL had her wedding dress done there.  She is great! 

And I got my dress at Macys in Cherry Hill, they said to have my first fitting in earky January for my March wedding.  Also, the knot recommends going about 2-3 months out for the first fitting.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my fittings done by Yeon @ Fashion Stitch in Mt. Laurel. Her work is fabulous, she reasonably priced, and is fast. I would make the appointment in the beginning of December, if not the end of November. When you go back in mid/end of december for your final fitting, she can make any last minute adjustments.

My wedding was August 6th. Because of distance,  my first appt with her was in mid-june and I went back to her mid/late july. There were still some changes to be made, but she had my gown ready about a week before my wedding,which was great.

Her number is: (856) 727-9474. I believe her shop is on Church Road in Mt. Laurel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lovesmybabeslovesmybabes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh great thanks ladies!  I'll try give both places a call this week... =)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I just called Yeon from Fashion Stitch and she made it sound like I waited too long! lol  She recommended I get a fitting next week and then another one in mid Dec so I made an appt for Nov 9th.  

Prob a dumb question but if I happen to lose more weight AFTER my first fitting is that ok?  will they still be able to take in more when I go to my final fitting in December??  I probably should've just asked Yeon this on the phone..haha
  • edited December 2011
    Yes..she will be able to take it in. She works wonders.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome =)
  • jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just picked my dress up on Wednesday night, and I asked the same question: when do I come back for fittings?  They told me to come back 8-12 weeks before the wedding.  I'm gonna go back 13 weeks before because I'm paranoid about it not being done in time, but I need a lot of work done to the hem since I won't be wearing shoes (so it's currently too long for me).
  • edited December 2011
    I got married last January and I had my fitting done the week after Thanksgiving and had no problems getting it done in time. I only needed one fitting but it was completed by the week before Christmas so there still would have been time for an additional one if necessary. One word of advice... while this wasn't at any of the David's in South Jersey, I had a TERRIBLE experience with the David's Bridal I got my engagement party dress altered at and the store didn't really have any positive actions to make up for it at the end of the day. It completely soured me on recommending them even though I got my wedding dress from them which I loved. Buy there, just don't get alterations there...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes that's what i've heard many times too!  buy dresses from david's but skip the alterations and go elsewhere!
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeon is AWESOME I used her too.. Great choice!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a lady who is "retired" but still does alterations. She works out of her home and my wedding dress alterations total? $10. This includes taking in the bodice and adding a bustle. I can PM her number to anyone interested. She is in Marlborough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards