Second Weddings

Would you wear your wedding dress twice?

Marrie Osmond Remarries First Husband and wears the same dress.
Somebody just posted this so I had to look it up and post the link. The dress is beautiful. No wonder she wore it again.

Would you wear yours again if you remarried?

If I remarried the same man, then yes I'd wear it again. I loved my dress and bought it new at a good price! But if I had to marry somebody else, I'd get a new one.
For me,different wedding dresses means get marriage with different people.I really hope I wear a wedding dress only once.Because I hope to have a long and happy marriage. Lol

Re: Would you wear your wedding dress twice?

• blush64blush64 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't think I wouold becuse my taste tends to change over the years. There's a good chance I would prefer a different dress by the time we were getting married.

• edited December 2011
    My first wedding was in 1984.  Let's just say styles have changed!
  • edited December 2011

If I still had my 1st dress I wouldn't wear it again for several different reasons.  The outfit I am wearing this time is a 3-piece outfit - skirt, tank and jacket that I might be able to wear again for a special occasion.

Anniversary
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not have a wedding dress the first time around.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doubtful. 
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the dress were great altering it a bit and wearing it again could have been a consideration.

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had it (it was ruined in a natural disaster--satin does not like water), it would be in style--it was a tea length, dress, much like Dolly Couture does--except I designed it myself, in 1985.  It was very 40's, I loved that dress.  But I don't think I could fit into it now, I was a size 4 then, and since the body building career and 30 years between, I'm now a size 8/10.  But no, I wouldn't wear it. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • AnokiAnoki member
    edited December 2011
    i wouldnt wear my dress from my first wedding. Seems almost disrespectful to the new groom, especially if its his first and your second, just seems like everything should be new
  • RNMOMTO3RNMOMTO3 member
    edited December 2011
    I definitely wouldn't wear it again if I was to get remarried (bc I won't be doing that for sure!) but I love my dress so much I told my FI that he will be lucky if I don't wear it for the whole honeymoon and around the house doing laundry and to the store for shopping!!! lol
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked that Marie Osmond dress up--definitely something that most brides would not wear today. I didn't like it, but that's me.  

However, because she's Mormon, there are certain "rules" on what type of dress she could wear. I don't think they have to wear full sleeves, etc.   They call them temple dresses, because a lot of brides wear a different dress for the temple ceremony and then a less conservative ("Modest") dress to their legal ceremony.  Yes, like many of us Pagans, the Mormons have to have two ceremonies too!  :-)  
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    NO!!!!!!!! no no no and NO!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, my first wedding dress was GORGEOUS, exactly my style, and very expensive.  And still in very good condition because I got married the first time around not that long ago.  I tried to sell it and couldn't, so I still have it. 

When I got engaged for my second wedding, my mother had the gall to suggest wearing the same dress to save money.  That dress is tied to a wedding and a marriage that happened with a specific man who hurt me and is NOT my husband!  The wedding I'm planning now is NOT a second hand wedding and I feel it would be insulting to my FI to wear the dress I walked down the aisle towards another man in.  I choose a very very inexpensive dress for my second wedding that is much more simple and not really dazzling, but it's elegant and pretty, and I feel perfectly happy with it.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think so.  My first dress was beautiful and it would still be in style today (despite being 11 years old), but I was too worried about bad first wedding flashbacks anyway to do something like that.  If I was marrying the same man again (remarriage, not vow renewal), I'd want something different to signify that it was a new start.  For a vow renewal, sure I'd wear it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards