Ohio-Cincinnati

Budget went up to 10 grand, thankfully! Need help finding a place to get our cake and alcohol.

I could not be more relieved right now! Our budget was 7 grand and now it is 10!
We are having an outdoor ceremony next to where our reception will be and the rental for the entire day is only 550! We are going to rent a dance floor though. I think we found a caterer but not totally sure. Trying to find the best food with the best price.
Any ideas where to get our cake? We are wanting to stay in a good price range.
If you had an open bar, what was the price range that it costs you and where did you get it?
I live 5 hours from Cincinnati right now and that isn't helping.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Trying to plan a nice wedding in 6 months!

Re: Budget went up to 10 grand, thankfully! Need help finding a place to get our cake and alcohol.

• we are using Tres belle for cake! we thought it was best priced and looked the best. you can also try spoon full of sugar and bonbonierie 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks a bunch! Im going to look into them tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Trying to plan a nice wedding in 6 months!
  • We are using the Bonbonerie but that is my favorite bakery in the city and I love their cakes. It can get rather pricey though. We really liked Marilyn's Cakes and she would really work on the price. Check her out: http://marilynscakes.com/
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • For cake, check out Home Grown Cakes in KY. Our wedding isnt until October, but Andrea there has been so accomodating..she set up a tasting for me right before Christmas since it was the only time I'd be in the Cincinnati area. Cake was yummy and she uses all natural ingredients and even has eggs from her own chickens! Also, super reasonable...I believe slices are 2.50-3.25 based on flavor. And she includes using cake stands, etc. Another bride just used them and wrote a vendor review i saw...
  • I agree with eier! My friend used them and it was great!
  • Congrats on the budget increase! We're using Jeana's Great Cakes. She's amazing and her cakes are SOOOOO moist! HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • We are using burbon street bartending...pretty affordable pricing. 
  • Hands down best cake I have had is by George Sias- his company is

Cakes & Pastries by George.  He's a Greek pastry chef. He doesn't have a site but you can call him at (513) 662-3763.  He and his wife Kathy run the company and his cake is FABULOUS and they are so accomodating and reasonable.  Working with them has been such a pleasure and they work with whatever you ask for.  Price is $3.00 per slice (and that includes everything- no extra delivery, filling fees, etc.).

If you are just purchasing alcohol, Party Source will be your best bet for cost.  If you need a bartending service I don't have any experience with that so can't help there. 

Good luck! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi- I am using North College Hill Bakery, for 200 people my cake is 465$ - I believe that includes the delivery.

I got white and chocolate cake with buttercream icing.

For the tasting they will send you home with a miniture cake. One of the oldest bakeries in town! Very reasonable pricing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards