Michigan-Detroit
Options

Where to take pictures in Oakland County

Hi Oakland County Knotties,

My fiance and I are trying to figure out where we should take our wedding pictures in Oakland County; the closer to Rochester the better. We are seeing each other before the wedding and we're going to take some private moment pictures of seeing each other for the first time. I just don't know where we should do this? Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Re: Where to take pictures in Oakland County

• Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for outdoor or indoor sites? We had our engagement pictures done in downtown Clarkston and there a ton a cute locations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree downtown is very quaint and has great shots for pics..I'm from there :)
    What about Meadowbrook or Pink Knob Carriage House in Clarkston?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meadowbrook is gorgeous but charges $200 for wedding pics.  And remarkably, they fill up their slots quickly.  

We actually ended up doing ours at a gorgeous little Catholic church in Bloomfield Hills called St. Hugo of the Hills.  We called ahead to get permission and to make sure there weren't any weddings going on that day.  Then we called again the day before to make sure there weren't any funerals.  It fortunately worked out for us, but of course there's no guarantee it would on another Saturday.  It is beautiful though!  Stunning gardens, a little creek with a wooden bridge - absolutely perfect!  And free!!

Really, the whole Bloomfield/Birmingham area is gorgeous.  You could go to any park or stand on a street corner and get great pics.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards