Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Pearls Place and wedding ceremony venue

I just bought a dress from Pearls place close to New Orleans, they made me a little nervous because they were so busy. But I ordered my dress , any reviews on them? Also, does anyone know anywhere to have a wedding ceremony around the Gonzales/prarieville area? We are not members of any church, and do not want to have our ceremony at the reception hall. Thanks!

Re: Pearls Place and wedding ceremony venue

• edited December 2011
    I would NOT have alterations done by Pearl's Place. I was there picking up a bridesmaid's dress once when a frantic mother ran in with her daughter's wedding dress. It was the daughter's wedding day and the alterations had not been done and the pins were still in it. The bride should have tried it on but I just wouldn't trust Pearl's Place for anything!
  • chelsealink3chelsealink3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard horror stories about Pearls alterations too....they are just so busy and can't focus on one person at a time.  I bought my dress from there and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about alterations.
  • edited December 2011
    that just makes me so nervous! I'm really considering not having my alterations done there! And chelsea link, let me know if you get your alterations there,and how it goes! When is your wedding, and when did you order your dress?
  • edited December 2011
    The Carriage House is gorg!! I wanted to have my wedding/reception there but we decided to go in a different direction.  Check out their website http://www.carriagehouse-la.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I already have my venue booked!! We did look at the Carriage house, it's where my brother had his reception at. But the dance floor wasn't big enough. So we booked at Elegant Affairs on Airline hwy.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from them and they did my alterations and my dress had a lot of beadings and stitches !!! they did a great job .. they were very busy but they did a great job!
    Mrs.Downs 06/10/11
  • Well that makes me feel a lot better! I just hope mine comes out how it's suppose to be! Because it is lace, and idk if that makes it harder to do. I'm so nervous about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards