Minnesota

Opinions please!;)

I'm trying to plan my wedding for 06/18/11. I'm having trouble getting it together. I still have not booked a location, and according to TK I have about 75 items past due. My groom is in the military and we live in Hawaii. So part of the hold up is that I can't go view locations. I have research them online and then send my FMIL to go look at them. Should I move my date to September? We were thinking about getting married on a boat on one of the lakes or rivers. September seems like it might be bad weather there...So in that case I'd change my colors and theme....

Re: Opinions please!;)

• tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One thing I do know is that following TK's timeline is not necessary.  I was trying so hard to stick to it, but it just doesn't always work for everyone. 

I can't help much on venues for you.  However, I think you should be able to still have it in June if you want to.  I would just start checking out locations soon. 

Good luck!

I
    Anniversary
  • racergurl822racergurl822 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its up to you what will work best... but if you have a dream about places like on a boat just be sure you don't get too late in the year :) 
  • edited December 2011
    As a Military Bride myself its a pain to accommodate the Military's schedule. Since you are looking for a boat on the lakes or at least water I say you have limited options which helps you alot.

What I would do is schedule tons of appts while you and/or FI is home for the next holiday. Or You will probably have to make a trip back yourself to get things squared away. I think if its a priority for you - you can make time and make it work.
    In St. Paul - I know that there are large stem boats that do weddings while you go up and down the Mississippi. I dunno if that helps you at all since I don't know the names LoL just that they exist.
  • edited December 2011
    I think September would be beautiful with the fall colors, but weather may be raining.  I used to work on the paddle boats in Stillwater called Andiamo.  I loved working there and their boats are gorgeous.  I know my friend just got married on a paddleboat in St Paul, and she loved it as well.  I could look into who she booked through if you want me to.
  • VraechelVraechel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:bf830a29-63a6-48a3-b8b8-1cc50ed48739Post:e4b183d9-f8c1-4d2f-ba1d-0a2cd876783d">Re: Opinions please!;)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think September would be beautiful with the fall colors, but weather may be raining.  I used to work on the paddle boats in Stillwater called Andiamo.  I loved working there and their boats are gorgeous.  I know my friend just got married on a paddleboat in St Paul, and she loved it as well.  I could look into who she booked through if you want me to.
    Posted by professorwelle[/QUOTE]

<div>That would be AWESOME! I'm really worried about the food and if it will be kind of run down. I've been on dinner cruises here in HI and a lot of them are geared towards tourists, they tend to have HORRIBLE food. It's because they only have to get people to come once and don't rely on repeat business. Some are good but you have to know. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Bayview Event Center on Lake Minnetonka, and they have a charter cruises fleet that does weddings and special events.  They may have what you're looking for, depending on how many guests you're thinking about inviting.

Here's the link:
    http://www.bayviewevent.com/charter.html

The fall colors should be beautiful around the area towards the end of September!  Hope this helps!

p.s. don't stress about TK's timeline--it's more simple to just use it as a guideline!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm super-late on this posting, but I didn't use a single one of TK's planning tools, and my wedding went just fine.

Honestly, Sept. weather here is more stable than June weather most of the time. I think either date would work just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards