Snarky Brides

Happy Friday

I'm only at work til one, YAY but then it's off to the nuerologist bleh-

Last night we went to SIL's and had dinner, and H helped BIL put together the crib, and I helped SIL organize some stuff in the nursery, all in all nothing big.

I have leftover greek salad for lunch which I'm pretty excited about :)

Any weekend plans? H and I are relaxing together becuase the next three weeks are about to be insanely busy for H at work.

Re: Happy Friday

• Good morning! Today is FI birthday so we have a grand plan to go to 2 restaurants tonight. First we are going to get chargrilled oysters and then we are going to another place for dinner. This morning my sister is coming to go do alterations on her BM dress. The place does free alterations if you buy the dress there
  • Good morning! I'm only working until 12:30, which I'm super excited about. Although, I will be working on school work all afternoon. But at least I'm getting caught up! Hoping to spend some more time unpacking and getting settled in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good morning!

Tlc, that sounds like an amazing plan for dinner. I've never had grilled oysters. They sound super delicious.

Brit, good luck at your appointment. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!

Angel, I'm jealous of your short Friday!

Last night I had a strange wedding dream. Aren't those supposed to stop after your wedding is over? I dreamed that mother wanted me to have church wedding, even though I was already married and had a religious ceremony at the venue were married at. But I went through with it to appease her. I wore a lace dress (so not me) and was super late for the ceremony because I was doing my own makeup (i'd never do that for my own wedding) and it got completely messed up. Other strange stuff happened too, but I can't remember most of the details. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So jealous of you ladies with half days!
    Last night we ate at Babes Chicken, which is huge in Texas. You basically just order your meat product, and then family style they bring out mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn, salad, and rolls. That's it. I got the chicken fried steak and it was SO good. And I even got up and went to boot camp this morning even though I was sweating gravy.
  • Morning!

We have a busy weekend ahead.  Tomorrow morning/afternoon, taking Leonidas to the groomer, running to BB&B to return dishes, attempting to stop somewhere for a flu shot, and stopping by AT&T to get H a new iPhone (he dropped his in the toilet last night...).  Tomorrow night, some of my best girlfriends from high school are coming over for dinner for a girls' night.  I thought we had Sunday plans too, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

We're supposed to get some snow starting this afternoon.  My car isn't particularly good in the snow, so I'm hoping I'll get to leave work early if it starts to stick.  Driving in snow/ice is my absolute least favorite thing.  I have GAD and driving in those conditions make my anxiety skyrocket.  Not fun.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Swag, that sounds amazing.  I've been digging family style restaurants lately.

And hurray for half days at work!  And good luck at your appointment Brit.

I'm getting a new phone this weekend, my first smartphone!  It's finally gotten to the point where I feel like I need one (for the calendar, gps, et cetera).  Does anybody know if the iPhone 4/4s is amazing?  I don't want to get the iPhone 5 because it costs so much and I've heard they're still working out kinks, but I'd be down with getting an older version if it's still a great phone.

Also, I think I'm going to ask my friend if I was supposed to get a save the date for his wedding this weekend.  I found an email (that I answered) from his fiancee asking for my address from a couple months ago, I do already know when and where the wedding is and where the couple is registered, and I've already bought them part of their gift. 

And, last thing, I found out I'm going on vacation with the family I work for in March!  I did this last year as well, and it was so fun!  I'm so excited!

• Also jelly of all the half days. The ride in was rough today as it was snowing the whole time.

My office had a memorial service this morning for a coworker that passed away a couple weeks ago. It definitely put a damper on the whole day.

This weekend I'm buying a printer to get started on some DIYs for the wedding, and on Sunday FI and I are going to an ice festival and then out to dinner with some friends. I'm not much for outdoor winter activities, but it's one of his favorite things to do, so I'll suck it up for him.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ff973a77-82fe-429b-aeac-7f4a0db72e88Post:a94d6b95-c338-445e-a6b7-0ece85413f5e">Re: Happy Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Swag, that sounds amazing.  I've been digging family style restaurants lately. And hurray for half days at work!  And good luck at your appointment Brit. I'm getting a new phone this weekend, my first smartphone!  It's finally gotten to the point where I feel like I need one (for the calendar, gps, et cetera).  <strong>Does anybody know if the iPhone 4/4s is amazing? </strong> I don't want to get the iPhone 5 because it costs so much and I've heard they're still working out kinks, but I'd be down with getting an older version if it's still a great phone. Also, I think I'm going to ask my friend if I was supposed to get a save the date for his wedding this weekend.  I found an email (that I answered) from his fiancee asking for my address from a couple months ago, I do already know when and where the wedding is and where the couple is registered, and I've already bought them part of their gift.  And, last thing, I found out I'm going on vacation with the family I work for in March!  I did this last year as well, and it was so fun!  I'm so excited!
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

<div>I have the iPhone 4 and I love it.  I swore I would never buy an iPhone and now I would never buy anything else.  </div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like my iphone4 and it works well for me. I'm not super techie but I like the maps, Internet and FB! Before it I had a blackberry pearl and this is much better. FI has an droid and he likes it as well. I have never had an android phone to compare it too.
  • Might as well go for the 4s -- it isn't really different, hardware-wise, from the 5. The 4 is much different, IMO.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have an Android, and I love it. I also love that it takes the same charger as my Kindle. When I upgrade, I will probably get another Android.
  • lls, take your time, drive slow, and don't slam on the brakes. If it's really slippery, shift into low gear (on automatics), especially going downhill, or until you feel in control again. If you hve 4 wheel drive, use it.

Got to work this morning to find out that they're down a sub, so I spent the first two periods with grade 9 midterms. I have some grade 8's who missed their original now, and have high school math all afternoon. Ugh. I was supposed to get to at least two classes this morning, and I missed my prep!

Hoping that the parts for my snowmobile come in today so we can ride this weekend. It will fix the steering problem, and although the machine is stil 600lbs, at least it'll be easier to turn.

I'm planning to get an iPhone soon as well. My HTC is defective and totally useless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!! I've only been at work for 2 days this week since I was sick, but I'm still glad it's Friday.

I have had all of the iPhones (FI and I are phone snobs), we've tried going back to Android phones, but always exchange them within the 14 days back to iPhones. Right now I have the 5 and while I wish they would make some changes to the overall design of the phone, I love it.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon at some point, but other than that and normal weekend errands, we don't have any plans, and I'm completely OK with that. I feel like I need to do a good deep cleaning in our house, so maybe I'll do that.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Pickle, while cold, that ice festival sounds fun! I'm imagining things built out of ice and stuff like that. Is that what it's like? In upstate NY, around the Lake Placid area, they build ice castles and things out on the lakes and you go inside and stuff. It's pretty neat. 

ETA: Pickle, I just saw on the other thread you're going to Aruba for your honeymoon. Where are you staying? We went there in August for ours and it was amazing. Let me know if you need any recommendations for things. Also on the honeymoon board there have been a couple threads about restaurants to check out that you may want to read, if you haven't already. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Buzz -- yeah, I guess it is the largest ice carving competition in the US? So there will mostly be sculptures, but last year we went and some of them were 2 stories tall. So yes, cold, but impressive! As long as it's not in a blizzard, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I'm going to PM you about Aruba!!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards