Second Weddings

Congratulations, April brides!

Yowza!  Spring has sprung (sort of -- we're expecting snow here in DC this morning) and with that we have the first springtime weddings of 2011 on the horizon:
MikesAngieApril 3, 2011
hottiehaas
April 9, 2011
NeverSayNeverAgainApril 15, 2011
nmauser82
April 23, 2011
christy29322April 30, 2011
Congratulations to everyone!  You have done all the hard work, planning and preparing ... now it is time to enjoy the celebration.  Breathe and relax ...

Re: Congratulations, April brides!

• fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray! Congrats to all of you! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Ladies!

I can't wait to see the pretty pictures and read the all the recaps!

(hint-hint!)
  • edited December 2011
    So exciting!  Congrats to all.  Can't wait to hear all about them and see pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So exciting...
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • christy29322christy29322 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately we've had to push our wedding back. I've changed the date on here to 2012, but it could be this fall. FI was laid off from his engineering
    design job right before he proposed, but he thought he'd find another job soon; my hours were cut to 32 right after he proposed, then down to 24 a year later.
     Fast forward...he finally got another job in November, but in a completely different field & making half as much as he used to (but it's his dream job & he loves it...& there are NO jobs available in our field right now). I'm still on 24 hours a week.
    That's why we weren't able to save enough money for our wedding, and there's no extra money in either of our budgets right now. We've scaled back our plans, and will eventually have an informal wedding w/a BBQ reception at his parents house for just family & a few close friends (with his family it still comes out to 50 people).
    I realised something else thanks to the Knot...we were concentrating on the wedding & didn't even think about after...my house is small & only has one bathroom (in my bedroom). Fine for a mom & 2 kids, but not so good if you add a new husband. So before he moves in we have to at least put in another bathroom. I have a large laundrey room that will work, it's just the money issue again!
    We hope to buy another house, but it'll be awhile. 
    I'm so glad I found the Knot, because I've learned a whole lot from you ladies.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_congratulations-april-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:19f86673-5a75-4465-a1da-29c10cdb01b7Post:189b1609-87ac-4f25-b225-9b201ba704d8">Re: Congratulations, April brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately we've had to push our wedding back. I've changed the date on here to 2012, but it could be this fall. FI was laid off from his engineering design job right before he proposed, but he thought he'd find another job soon; my hours were cut to 32 right after he proposed, then down to 24 a year later.  Fast forward...he finally got another job in November, but in a completely different field & making half as much as he used to (but it's his dream job & he loves it...& there are NO jobs available in our field right now). I'm still on 24 hours a week. That's why we weren't able to save enough money for our wedding, and there's no extra money in either of our budgets right now. We've scaled back our plans, and will eventually have an informal wedding w/a BBQ reception at his parents house for just family & a few close friends (with his family it still comes out to 50 people). I realised something else thanks to the Knot...we were concentrating on the wedding & didn't even think about after...my house is small & only has one bathroom (in my bedroom). Fine for a mom & 2 kids, but not so good if you add a new husband. So before he moves in we have to at least put in another bathroom. I have a large laundrey room that will work, it's just the money issue again! We hope to buy another house, but it'll be awhile.  I'm so glad I found the Knot, because I've learned a whole lot from you ladies.
    Posted by christy29322[/QUOTE]

Oh, Christy!  I'm sorry you and FI have had so much stress on your plates.  This board is the home of real life here on The Knot.  Most of us have had our share of bad house repair timing, loss of employment, family issues, etc. that can (and do) push back the wedding date.  Hang in there!  You are more than ready -- you've already learned to prioritize.  That's much more than a lot of people can say.

Good luck!  Oh ... please let us know the new date once you've locked in your plans.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations April Brides! I cannot wait to see all of your pics....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards