New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Fountainhead Brides- Hotel Recommendations?

Hello Fountainhead Brides,

I was wondering what hotels you will be suggesting to your family and friends in the New Rochelle area? I was thinking of the Radisson. Any thoughts?

Thanks Smile

Re: Fountainhead Brides- Hotel Recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi....not sure if you looked at the radisson but I wasn't crazy about the look of it at the time ( I looked last August for my March 2010 wedding) and I wasn't crazy about the area either...

I decided to go with Renaissance of Westchester Marriott in harrison...on red oak drive.  It is a beautiful hotel and was very nearby the church we got married in.  It was about a 15 minute ride, maybe not even....so really not that far.  Fountainhead is not as far away as the other venues in New Rochelle and even still...I think going with the marriott or crowne plaza is a better option for your guests.

I worked with Kristen at the Renaissance...she was great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't book crowne plaza white plains - I had the most awful experience with them! I got married in New Rochelle and had my guests shuttled back adn forth bw WP and New Ro since the crown plaza was cheaper than the new ro hotels - don't do it!
  • Options
    mbd329mbd329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sjsphish - Could you tell me what made your experience so bad at the Crowne Plaza? Was it just the shuttling of your guests? Thanks.
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking as well for a hotel to stay in close by for myself. I received a call from the Crowne Plaza...even tho they did seem nice - I didn't read the greatest reviews on them. I spoke w/ a Katarina from there and eventually got out of here that they will be doing renovations on the hotel. I asked how could I be assured that the renovations would be done before my wedding in May 2011? I was curious to see what her answer was....It really didn't matter to me as I already had my mind made up... if you've ever been thru a contracting nightmare (as I have been - the job never ends when its suppose to.) There's your case in point.

I've had friends recco the Marriott but I also looked into the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. The prices seem reasonable, it got great reviews and apparently there's a free breakfast the next morning which might be nice for your guests. Just a thought.

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just so you all know the rate I got for marriott was excellent...$99.99...by far the lowest I have ever seen for a hotel wedding block in the area...and some people had marriott rewards or whatever so of course they paid even less
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure! Happy to share so no one has to go through it.

I copied this from the review I posted of my 11/6 wedding. Disclaimer - I was pretty ticked after my wedding so I rambled a bit in my review of the hotel and it was very detailed. But bottom line, I was lied to and my guests were treated poorly. They did not deliver on any single promise they made me and wasted a lot of time and money. To top it off, me, my hubby and my mom spent months after teh wedding following up wtih customer service, only to be blown off by them. I know a lot of ppl who stay at Crowne Plaza and love it so its possible my night was an "off night" for them, but still, it was very poor.

Hotel - The Crowne Plaza, White Plains: F -. This was the one black mark on our wedding day. Thank goodness it really did not affect anything and I was able to let it not bother me but wow, we had issue after issue after issues after issue and I cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone, not even as a guest, let alone to block your wedding group there. We had a more than pleasnt experience dealing with them leading up to the wedding day. But from the moment I checked in before rehearsal dinner (Thurs at noon) until the minute we checked out after our wedding (sat morning) we had nothing but one nightmare upon another. For starters, they never handed out our memo about shuttle bus info for the wedding upon check in like they said they would. So no one had any clue about the bus and tons of people ended up drivign though they had not planned on it. So essentially it was a waste of money to book such a large shuttle. Second, they did not hand out the hotel welcome bags I made like I paid them to do. When I complained, I was told that guests had to call room service once they arrived in their rooms to ask for the bag to be delivered. Fine! Except one small problem. The front desk wasn't tellign guests they were supposed to call up for their bags so we made tons of bags and spent all that money and they were never delivered. Moreover, they promised our bridesmaids and groomsmen early check in on the day of the wedding b/c we would be leaving before normal check in time for photos and woul dnot return until late in the evening. Yet, when the time came, they were not permitted to do so. So, just to be sure, my girls/boys called from the limo on the way to photos to advise the hotel that they would be checking in late that evening and not to give away their rooms. Despite this, when we arrived after the wedding was over and people tried to check in, they were told "woops, sorry, but we gave your room away." So two of my bridesmaids had to sleep in a parlor room of a suite on a pull out couch as that was "all that was left." To add insult to injury, when they get up to the room, the pull out was broken!!!! AHHH.My husband, mother and I have all called to complain (along with several other guests) and, almost one week later, I am still waiting for a return phone call.Further, when we complained to the front desk lady upon check out, she laughed in our faces! When we asked to speak to a manager she said she was the manager. When we did not back down and asked to speak to someone else, miraculously, a manager appeared and advised us that said front desk lady is not management at all.I AM STLL INFURIATED WITH THE LEVEL OF SERVICE AND ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS TREATMENT WE RECEIVED. For the love of god, do not stay at this hotel!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and just to clarify, the hotel did not shuttle my guests - I booked a separate shuttle bus. apparently, crowne plaza only shuttles your guests for free if you get married within a 10-15 mile radius of the hotel, and my venue was just outside of that.
  • Options
    MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow - Sorry you had such a bad experience SJsphish. I guess my instincts were right then.  I put a call into the Mariott Renaissance. I'm looking into a 2 bedroom suite - hopefully it won't cost me a small fortune.

Crissyo -
    Did you stay @ The Mariott the night of your wedding? What do the attendants do with all their stuff if we're leaving for the wedding and not coming back to the hotel? I guess they should pack up their stuff in their cars? Is this a weird question? haha sorry I'm just curious since I might go back to the hotel w/ my new hubby but I'm sure they'll all go home....Also Crissyo - Where did you get your envelope box from? I sent you an email- but your probably like me and forget to check your pvt messages. It was beautiful as were your pics!

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mbd329mbd329 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

sjsphish - That sounds so horrible. as if you don't have enough stuff to deal with on that day then you add on all that drama with the hotel. That is terrible.

Well given the horrible review and renovations going on there I will not be booking with the crowne plaza.

crissyo - now that you mention the area and look of the radisson I am not to sure that my guests would be thrilled with that.

The Marriott and the Hyatt Summerfield Suites seem great so far - waiting on call backs from the both of them. Although the Summerfield with the free breakfast would be nice, lol.

Who did you all pick to do your flowers?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i used Danny of Westchester Floral - he was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG! I highly recommend him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards