Ohio-Toledo

Cake Vendor

Since the vendor thread seems to be missing, I'll just add this as another post.  Which vendors for cakes have people had good experiences with? I'm getting married at Nazareth Hall and considering Cake Arts, Wixey and Timberline presently.  I'm not so concerned about the taste (all of them have excellent tasting cakes!), but I am concerned about the service and them listening to what it is I'd like for my cake. (Actually Wixey has one on their site with peach icing and white decorations which is perfect for what I'd like)

Thoughts on this? Experiences? Good and bad? Thanks guys!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Vendor

• I got married at Nazareth last summer. We used Creative Confections and she was great. When are you getting married? I have some advice/experience regarding NH if you want to hear it. We had some issues with them that I can share so hopefully you will avoid.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We're getting married in October and if you'd like to share just send me a private message.

Has anyone else had any experience with local cake vendors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are (probably) going to use Anita McManus. She did our engagement party cake and it was beautiful! She has great tasting (and great looking) cakes at a affordable price. I also know of people who have had great experiences with Cherry Lane and Cake Arts... both came highly recommended.
  • We used Cherry Lane Cakes.  I was never worried about the taste either and the cake tasted great.  My cake however was entirely the wrong color and it was a huge disappointment.  What it looks like is what is in pictures, not what it tastes like.  Going back I would have taken a swatch of the EXACT color I wanted to the baker in an effort to get a cake I loved.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brieschke's Bakery in Sylvania.  She was awesome and dirt cheap.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited March 2012
    It appears that creative confections is already booked for October according to her website, I'll try talking to cherry lanes, does anyone else have any other suggestions?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, Jane's Cakes and Confections in Perrysburg.
  • You should check out The GroovyCake Company. Tonya runs the business out of her home. She has the most delicious icing and the cutest decorations. She is also very professional and reasonably priced. We are having her do cupcakes for our reception.
  • We used Iris Lauber of Wildflower bakery. She works out of her home and made us a fantastic grooms cake and mini cupcakes for our reception. I can't wait to go back on our 1 year anniversary and get another cake from her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards