• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Colorado

conflicted

My dad has the worst cancer a person can get. I am trying to figure out if I should postpone the wedding or not.....It is in less than 3 months and we would lose so much money from the venue. I feel horrible about going through with it since he is in such a bad position. I am very worried my dad will be in a wheel chair by then. Should I postpone? Or continue with it and pray that my dad gets better by then?  Am I a horrible daughter for wanting to keep the date? 

Re: conflicted

• edited December 2011
    I don't think that you are a horrible daughter. I think that you should continue with the wedding; having an ill Dad at the wedding is better than no Dad! If you feel that it will make you a horrible person, ask your Dad how he feels about it. I am so sorry that you have to go through this, you are in my T&P's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would talk to your dad. I would bet that he wants you to go through with your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. What a sad thing! I agree with those above. Talk with your dad about it. It just may be that he wants to have the honor of watching his daughter get married while he can & it may give him something to look forward to and fight to be strong for. Just remember to keep things in perspective & let your love for each other always win the conflicts. Praying for you all. 
  • ViroFictionViroFiction member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards