Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Visiting Cape in two weeks to pick a venue!! Need some venue help/ideas!!!

Hello Cape Brides!!!

I'm another out-of-state bride-to-be looking to have a great Cape wedding in May 2013. I'm on a $15K budget for everything with a guest list of about 165 (yikes!). I'm looking for a place that will fit my budget, serve seafood, have a wedding package (to make it easier to coordinate from afar) and have a very cape-y feel. I'm not looking for something that is super fancy, but I don't want a place that feels cheap, either. So far I've only found two places that might fit the bill, Harbor Point in Cummaquid and The Flying Bridge in Falmouth. Any advice on these. Also, do you all have any other ideas that might work? I only have about a day and a half on the Cape to visit potential venues, so I've got to pin one down during this time! Thanks so much for help/advice, I could really use some!!! <3

Re: Visiting Cape in two weeks to pick a venue!! Need some venue help/ideas!!!

• Love the Flying Bridge, perfect Cape Cod feel and Darlene is wonderful to work with epecially if you need some extra help planning. The food is delicious and the view with the open deck overlooking the harbor is amazing! St. Thomas Chapel is right across the harbor and such a pretty church for your ceremony, there is also the Nobska Lighthouse right down the street for a ceremony or photos. They also have a tented deck right at the bridge for ceremonies.
  • You may want to consider a quick meeting with the Casual Gourmet.  They are a caterer who works with multiple venues, and have a ton of experience with working people remotely and working with all different budgets.
    If you'd be up for this, check out Nauticus Marina, too.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks for the advice! I contacted Casual Gormet and they said it would be really tough to make something work with my budget... I'm looking for more restuarant-type places now!
  • Good luck!  I have heard good things about the Flying Bridge, so I hope something works out for you!
    Anniversary
  • I'd check out the Flying Bridge in Falmouth or the Connamessett in Falmouth. They were our 2nd and 3rd choice because of the prices. Good luck!
  • I had my wedding at The Flying Bridge and LOVED it there. It will definitely fit within your budget. The staff there are awesome to work with, especially Tyler. And the food is delicious. It's exactly what you described... it has a cape-ish feel, isn't too fancy and isn't cheap feeling either. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm happy to answer any questions you may have :)
  • We are getting married at the ridge club in sandwich.  it is extremely affordable and includes a lot of upgrades (like chivari) chairs other places charge tons for.  it's neutral and gorgeous but on the smaller side.  not sure how many people you are expecting.  also it just changed owners so I'm not sure how that will affect their prices!  good luck!!  oh yes and amand fant the coordinator is amazing :-)
  • went to a wedding at harbor point and was truned off by the dingyness and a bucket of cigarette butts right at the door... ewwww

Love the flyling bridge ... best seafood in town and go there every chance we get. 

the ridge club is fabulous but when we looked it was expensive.. but if you can pull that off go for it.. fabulous spot!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards