Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vintage/Classic Car Rentals

So - I think I've looked EVERYWHERE online for a company in Pittsburgh that rents classic/vintage cars for my wedding! So far, I've come up empty handed. I was wondering if any of you ladies knew of a car rental/limo rental company that rents this type of car?? I have attached a picture below of the kind of style that I'm looking for... I might try to call various companies as my next step to see if they might know of anywhere in Pittsburgh that offers these cars! I thought I'd try here first so any suggestions/leads that you may have would be GREATLY appreciated! TIA!

Re: Vintage/Classic Car Rentals

• morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't find anything when I was looking for my daughter's wedding.
    Someone suggested I contact Antique/Classic Car Clubs in the Pittsburgh area - but my daughter and son-in-law just wanted to ride the trolley, so that's the route we ended up going with.
  • edited December 2011
    This is a tough one. I know of a guy in Mt Lebo who actually owns a grey ghost, I think they call it? It is an old, old Rolls.

Anyway, the bride and groom I met once used it and booked him through an antique car club. It *may* have been one out of Fox Chapel, but I could be remembering wrong. This was like 5 years ago.

I would try the car clubs and antique car shows. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    The best I can offer is the company that I used for my wedding, but it was an early 60s Rolls Royce...still classy and unique, but not the classic car you're looking for.  Silver Fox Limo located in Neville Island.
    We were also looking for a 20s or 30s touring car, but had no luck :-( Good luck contacting car clubs like the other ladies suggested!  Where's Jay Leno and his Duesenbergs when you need him lol ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    I've been looking for the same thing, though I'm not sure if that's the route we'll go, but I also haven't been able to find anything.  If you do find out anything, I'd love the info also, please.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I'll definitely pass on any info that I might find! I talked to my mom and she said that we may have some luck if we go to an antique car show once the weather breaks (there are often car shows in the Giant Eagle parking lot in Kennedy, as well as other places I'm sure). I thought it was a pretty good starting point. My cousin also works on cars as a side job, so we were going to contact him to see if he has any info/leads.

I can't understand why this is so difficult! You would think that there would be plenty of places out there that had vintage/classic cars available for special occasions!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can find something!! Thanks again for the info and I'll let you know what I find!
  • I am currently in the same situation. Did you happen to find anything? Or has anyone else had success with this search in the Pittsburgh area? TIA!
  • There is a huge vintage car show in Moon Park, Moon,pa (next to the airport) every year around July/August.  Vintage and modified car owners come from all over the state, and out of state to show their cars. 

Try and contact the park for maybe some of the owners contact info or even come to show and see if anyone is willing to rent their cars.  There is every type of car from the 1900's to 2013's

• Hi ladies, if anyone gets anywhere with this area, can you let us all know??  My wedding is in September 2014 but I'd like to get the ball rolling early.  My fiancee is British and would love to drive away in an Astin Martin but since I *highly* doubt we will find one of those, we may need to look into a classic car instead.  Thanks all! 
  • I would be interested if anyone finds any info on this too. I am planning on having a 1920s themed wedding and this would just be the icing on the cake. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards