South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Tom Smith Catering

Review on Tom Smith Catering??  his price is great, wondering how the service/food etc is!  Please help!  Thanks!

Re: Tom Smith Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just used him for our wedding in Dec.  The food was fantastic and we got a lot of good feedback from guests.  We pretty much just brainstormed the menu up together (we didn't have to pick off a set list of things).  He was willing to make new orleans style jamabalaya which my guests raved over.

People said it was something different from the typical hamby's food they get at most Charleston weddings.  They kept the buffet well stocked and guests raved over the bar service (apparently they were very attentive and poured freely!)  The international cheese tray was fantastic, some very nice cheeses on it.  I tried a few of the shrimp off my uncle's plate and they were very very good, fresh and local.  They made us a nice basket to take home at the end of the night and wrapped up most of the leftovers for my mom. 

On the downside, I am very positive we agreed that the shrimp and grits would be a seperate station but on the day of it was just part of the buffet.  There was a carving station with a chef but no shrimp and grits station.  I was pretty bummed by this b/c out of town guests didn't know what it was/how to put it together and I really wanted that to be the highlighted dish of the evening. 

Tom isn't the fastest at returning emails so you're better off making a call.  And I would recommend clarifying everything with him the week before.  My mom went to meet with him and I guess I should have made time to go too.  You don't meet with a sales rep, you actually meet with Tom, so it has a much more personal feel than some of the other catering companies.  He was also present at the wedding.
    We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what sort of price did he quote you and for what menu? if you dont mind me asking?!?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards