Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

HELP. Affordable Vendors in N. Falmouth - Bride on a Budget

Hello ladies I am looking for suggestions for my vendors.  As most people we are on a budget and want suggestions to who is affordable and does a great job!

Flowers ($2,500)?
DJ ($1,500)?
Photographer ($3,000)?

Please let me know your thoughts!!

Re: HELP. Affordable Vendors in N. Falmouth - Bride on a Budget

• Options
    ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are using DJ Chris Baker.  If I remember correctly, he is $1,100 for 5 hours.  We booked awhile ago, so perhaps he is more expensive now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Where are you getting married in North Falmouth? Just curious...
    We are using Peter Brady from Good Times Unlimited. They are based in Braintree, I think, but don't charge to travel. It's just inder $1500. I also talked to Keith Lemire, who is about $1250 I think.
    I am really excited about my photographer.. Elizabeth Horne. Her packages start just around $3000, prints or a CD would be extra. So maybe over your budget but she does have a lot of different options.

I'm hoping people will post about flowers-- I'm looking for a florist around the price too! I've only contacted one, Lilacs, and she said she starts at $3500.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try Courtney's Floral Creations www.courtneysfloralcreations.com.  She was recommended highly to me but was beyond my budget, but might fit into yours.  Or try Karen Bryden www.petalsbytheseacapecod.com.  She's based in Centerville but I imagine she'll travel to Falmouth.  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and for a photographer you could try Amanda at www.shoreshotz1.com.  She's based in Mashpee, I believe.  

We've booked Mark Friedman from 2WayEntertainment (www.2wayentertainment.com) for our DJ.  Great guy.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers were tough for me because I didn't know too much about them, but I did look around a bit before making a choice.  We are using Sue Hobart of Hobarts Fine Florals.  Depending on the size of your wedding and what you will need, she will definitely work within that budget.  She came recommended to me by a couple of people that had used her, and I have had great communication with her so far.  I know nothing about flowers and she totally "got" what I was trying to say immediately.  She is super sweet and was able to offer plenty of suggestions, as well as ways to make everything (bouquets, centerpieces, cocktail decor, church flowers, etc) more affordable for us so we could kind of splurge and save as we pleased.  

• Options
    ae311ae311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a photographer I am also using Amanda Considine (www.Shoreshotz1.com). She is absolutely fantastic! I can not say enough good things about her. My Fiance and I actually met with her today, and she is amazing to work with already!! I found her on the knot because someone else happened to mention her on this board, and I consider myself very lucky that I just happened upon her. She is definitely in your price range and she can give you what you would like in a package. I highly reccommend her! Good luck & happy planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Karen Bryden for flowers.

For photographer, you should check out Kristen Dawn (www.kristendawnphotography.com)

Her packages start at $995 for 3 hours, I think her most expensive is $1700 for 5 hours but you can add hours at $150 an hour, and those packages include discs of all photos in high res and the rights to print them....You get 2 photographers for that price as well..
  • Options
    nunesie26nunesie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using William Coleman as our DJ.  I heard him DJ at the bar I was at on New Years eve, and me and all my friends loved him.  he charges around 850, he is very layed back and easy to talk to.  Although he was playing at the bar on New Years, weddings are his speciality.  I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding has yet to happen, but we hired a DJ from  Cape Tunes - http://www.capetunes.com/ and we have heard nothing but great things about them. Scott has been so responsive and enthusiastic in emails and they have a good contract as well. I'm pretty confident we'll have a great experience with them. Their wedding costs are $1295, but when I signed the agreement they were doing a $100 discount at the time.

As for florists, I had looked at a few as well, and for me Courtney's Florals was way beyond my budget (like double the amount) for the type of flowers I was looking for (hydrangeas). I think this might be due to having her own overhead/shop. I'm working with Sue Hobart  http://www.hobartsfineflorals.com and she's as sweet as can be, and runs her shop from home. She'll give you what you want, or give your ideas if you're not sure what to have. She seems flexible and will work around your budget.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards