Oregon
Options

Location, Location, Location

I've always wanted to have an outdoor wedding, but my fiancee is in the military and is deployed and I'm college so planning around both our demanding schedules is putting our wedding at the end of March...and it's Oregon. Neither of us have a church that means anything to us and we'll be having a fairly large amount of guests. I'm at a loss of where to have a wedding. Any ideas? Somewhere around the Willamette Valley/Portland/anywhere in the middle.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Location, Location, Location

• Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Number of guests and budget, please!  That will help us make better recommendations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably around 150 people. Budget is not set, but I think I'd die if we paid more than $2000 for a venue so that would be the max. Additionally, we'll probably do food on our own so nowhere that requires we use their catering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've recommended them in another thread, but I highly recommend the North Star Ballroom.

You can do your own catering (we are in September) and the venue will hold up to 200 people.

The people there are fantastic and quick to respond... ample street parking and it's next to one of the PCC campuses so there is weekend parking.

They were one of the least expensives indoor places that I could find that allow you to bring in your own food.

http://www.northstarballroom.com/
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how stuck you are on it being in Portland, but the Grand Ballroom in Salem is under $2k and will let you do all your own food/alcohol. Mission Mill is really inexpensive as well and gorgeous and you pick your caterer from their list, but there are close to 30 options covering literally every budget.

There's a Grand Ballroom in McMinnville that will let you do everything on your own for $1,600. McMenamin's in McMinnville and will waive the cost of the venue with $2k in food and drink purchases. I think the one in Forest Grove has similar deals.

Also, I would check college campuses. I know Willamette University has an absolutely beautiful old chapel and you can rent a reception space as well if you timed it during their spring break. Their catering has been on the Food Network and is crazy inexpensive. WOU has the Gentle House they rent for weddings all the time and it's pretty nice and inexpensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a March 2011 too! - congrats.  i am not so sure that the weather around here will cooperate during March so prepare for tents.  that being said - i would recommend Esther Short Park (just a short drive across the river to Vancouver, WA) or the Oregon Garden in Silverton http://www.oregongarden.org/OrchidRoom.html.  There are also the Hoyt Arboretum and McMenamins.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about their capacity or if they let you bring in your own catering, but Leach Botanical Gardens has indoor/ outdoor space and is fairly affordable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll definitely be looking into some of these places. Especially the ones with indoor/outdoor options. And the Oregon Gardens in Silverton was a great request, I have a ton of family in Silverton and my grandfather grew up there, yet I hadn't even thought of it!
  • Options
    kmarie213kmarie213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's in Washington, but this place lets you have the place for a whole weekend or just a day which still is 12pm the day of your wedding to 10am the next day on acres of land with accommodations for your guests to stay there. It's worth mentioning I think. :)
    http://www.andersonlodge.com
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"The best thing in life to hold onto is eachother." AH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is the coast out? I remember looking at some really nice but small (I think 150 might be too big though) ballrooms out there that were pretty laid back. Some had really nice walls of windows overlooking the cliffs. I suppose it would be pretty darn gray though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know the price but also in Silverton is Abiqua Country Estates.  Don't know about indoor options there though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards