April 2014 Weddings

When should I book my ceremony site?

Okay we just set the date to april 24th. We already know which church we would like to get married in....when should we book the church? We are both Catholic and we know that we have to do Pre-Cana. 

Re: When should I book my ceremony site?

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_when-should-i-book-my-ceremony-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:c243d40e-4661-4595-9a83-dcaedb95b822Post:933eaba5-08a6-433e-b15e-caea2ed54839">When should I book my ceremony site?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay we just set the date to april 24th. We already know which church we would like to get married in....when should we book the church? We are both Catholic and we know that we have to do Pre-Cana. 
    Posted by sexyangel925[/QUOTE]

<div>If you are set on your venue, you should ask them how far out they recommend you book.  It can vary regionally, but often 12 to 16 months out is a reasonable time frame for reserving a venue.  If you are really set on a certain date, you'd want to book sooner (around 16 months), if you are more flexible, you could wait a bit longer.  Good luck!  :)</div><div>
    </div>

• Thank you for responding! :)  The ceremony site is the church that my fiance grew up attending so it's special to him. The wedding date is also important to us for a few reasons so i'd rather not change it. So we're going to speak to the pastor as soon as possible! I'd rather confirm early,especially since it turns out our wedding date is a few days after Easter that year.
  • I am getting married on April 4, 2014 and the date is important to us as well.  We booked the church last week and are meeting with the priest on June 2nd to take our foccus test.  We also started looking at venues and found one that we love today, but are still keeping our other appointments for next weekend.  

They generally say to book the church at least a year in advance, but we really wanted the date so we booked earlier.  Venues they also say about 12-18 months in advance, but depending on the date they can book up fast too.

I say do it as soon as you can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for your advice! I've already spoke to the pastor about the wedding date that my fiance and I would like to get married on. We're going to set up a meeting with the pastor soon and fill out some forms. It definitely helps knowing that the wedding date is available! :)
  • I'm going to chime in here with my two cents. Book as soon as you know where you want to have your ceremony!!!! I have been dreaming of having my ceremony at a historic garden in town where I live and I found out today that they are no longer having weddings there. I'm not sure of the circumstances but nonetheless I am very upset. So go ahead and meet with that pastor and get the ball rolling. You really never know what might happen. Best of luck to you!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Absolutely agree with bnorton's reply!! Go for what you want, check it off your list and know that you can focus on all the other details :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards