Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Music?

I know I have 8 months and a few weeks until our ceremony, but I'm trying to figure out our ceremony music.  My brother & my best friend's dad will be playing our music, and asked that I tell them our selections as soon as possible so they can start learning, arranging, and collaborating.  They will both be playing acoustic guitar.

I need opinions!

I am walking down to "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney & Wings (played like this- clicky)

I need some ideas for the other songs.  We will have a DJ set up on the beach to play the prelude & postlude, so we just need two more songs: one for the seating of the mothers, and another for the attendants processional.

I was originally thinking of keeping it Beatles and was throwing around In My Life, Here, There, and Everywhere, and I Will.  But I only really like the way I Will sounds on acoustic- the others seem too sad or something when I listen to them.

It doesn't need to be all Beatles by any means, but I really need suggestions.  Anyone have any good ideas?

Re: Music?

• Options
    "When I'm 64" is a good one for maybe the postlude because it's cute and upbeat.

Now I want to listen to the Beatles but my iTunes lost my discography. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah we thought of that, too.  Not sure if we'll use it for the postlude or for our exit at the end of the night :)  Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Oh I love the Beatles!!!!  We're doing All You Need is Love for our processional. 

Ummmm I'd have to think on the seating of the mothers.  We are doing What a Wonderful World, but I think we're going with the israel kamakawiwo'ole version.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_music-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d935a4fb-6851-446f-85a0-3097be0310d2Post:359de828-d62c-4e29-b582-5e0ef472ac2b">Re: Music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"When I'm 64" is a good one for maybe the postlude because it's cute and upbeat. Now I want to listen to the Beatles but my iTunes lost my discography. :(
    Posted by Foxxilove[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You stole my idea!  lol.  We're using that for when we come up the aisle.  It sounds really good on piano.</div><div>
    </div><div>What's your favorite movie?  Maybe something from that.  Are you wanting something upbeat or slow and romantic?</div>
  • Options
    I think I'm going to do When I'm 64 for the cake cutting!!  Thanks for the idea haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" makes me cry every time, but not necessarily great for seating of the mothers or bridal party though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ4SNggdxcY

Also, I love this song, and the man in the video is so adorable!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5BuB9131os

• Options
    I think you can turn around almost any song to sound good on different instruments if you just take the time to arrange it, look at VSQ.... I will be having all my postlude music from them, so our guests will be listening to string quartet versions of my favourite GNR songs for example. I have also put their GNR songs as the music on our wedding website lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards