New York-New York City

nicotra's ballroom, staten island

Hey guys I just booked Nicotra's ballroom on staten island as my venue. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had their weddings there and had any advice,tips, stories they would like to share.

Re: nicotra's ballroom, staten island

• Congratulations! We are getting married there this October. I can't wait.
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
  • I had my wedding there- it was amazing! We had the cocktail hour in a portion of the ballroom and the reception in the tea house. We had under 100 guests so it worked out well. What room did you choose for your reception?
    The place is beautiful and the food is great-  I have only positive things to say! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • congrats!! Paddysgirl I hope your wedding is amazing.

JadziaDax-  We are having our cocktail hour in the tea house and the reception in the oak room. We are having about 120 guests, so if worked out very well. I am so exicted and Sue the eveny planner is amazing. Did either of you ladies work with her?

• We worked with Jennifer.
  • I'm getting married there in Oct.  We're doing the cocktail hr in the reception room and reception in the Tea Room.  We're working with Sue as well. She's outstanding!
  • epicfaniepicfani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    do you guys mind asking how much your are paying per person.  my fiance and i are interested in Nicotra's but we are afraid it is way out of our budget.
  • I am having a saturday afternoon wedding and I am paying 140 per person plus tax. My min. is 100. This was for the Oak room which is the smaller ballroom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_nicotras-ballroom-staten-island?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:25e82ac1-2eea-44d6-8b9b-21b5d904b23bPost:e91494be-5d81-4b0d-b7af-4341bdc2c1fa">Re: nicotra's ballroom, staten island</a>:
    [QUOTE]do you guys mind asking how much your are paying per person.  my fiance and i are interested in Nicotra's but we are afraid it is way out of our budget.
    Posted by epicfani[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you should make an appointment to meet with one of their event planners and talk about your options.</div><div>I was married during a winter month (off season) on a Sunday and we booked really far in advance. We got a much better deal than I thought. The Hilton was actually the last place we looked at though 'cause I didn't think we could afford it either. I visited the other venues on Staten Island and got an idea of what was being offered and price per person. I realized that the Hilton was offering the best deal- it may have been a little bit more money but the rooms are all beautiful, the food is great and the place is in a hotel (I figured most of our guests would end up at the hotel at the end of the night anyway). </div>
  • We only visited 2 places. The Hilton was the first place and when they found out they urged us to look around. We went to visit SSCC next and knew the Hilton was it. They were soooo amazing to work with. We are just a month out and I am so excited. We have been working with Andrea. I suggest going there and seeing the pros and talking with them. Our cocktail hour is in the tea house (we have too many people otherwise that would be our room for the reception ) and the reception is in the Oak room.
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
  • Thank you all for your input.  I think my FI and I are going to go the bridal show that they have coming up in October and see if we can talk to someone there  and then make an appointment.  
    Paddy's girl did you look at SSCC since it became Grand Oaks?  Just wondering if they have renovated, etc. for their new opening?
  • paddysgirl -- same ! after seeing the sscc (grand oaks) i knew i wanted to go back to Nicotra's Ballroom. I am working with jennifer.

epicfani- not too many differences. the outside terrace is pretty. the other spaces weren't for me though. i dont want to say that the three different menus were confusing, but after looking at them and tryign to fit your budget why would someone want to go with the cheapest one? it seemed silly the prices.

LOVE what the hiltons menu includes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards