Wisconsin
Options

Make up artist

I don't usually wear makeup but I know on the big day I will want the natural look but with some color.  I made an appointment for a trial and day of with the Lancomb counter at the local Boston Store.  I live about 45 minutes from Madison, WI which is the closest "big" city that would have makeup services.  Is there other options that I am not thinking of?  I posted on my local board too. 

i thought about checking into the local Mary Kay ladies but I don't like their sales tactics of insulting you to make you feel bad about yourself and then poof they have the solution with their product to fix it.  (Sorry if anyone is a MK consultant, one rep has given me a bad feel for the MK business.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Make up artist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually wear makeup but I know on the big day I will want the natural look but with some color.  I made an appointment for a trial and day of with the Lancomb counter at the local Boston Store.  I live about 45 minutes from Madison, WI which is the closest "big" city that would have makeup services.  Is there other options that I am not thinking of?  I posted on my local board too. 

i thought about checking into the local Mary Kay ladies but I don't like their sales tactics of insulting you to make you feel bad about yourself and then poof they have the solution with their product to fix it.  (Sorry if anyone is a MK consultant, one rep has given me a bad feel for the MK business.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would post this on your local board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting your hair done?  Many salons do make-up too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bobbi Brown at the mall, had them pick the makeup that looked best on me and then took that makeup to the salon in central WI where I had my hair done.  It was the best of both worlds-I got good quality makeup that I liked, could use again, and had with me throughout the day for touchups and I could have it applied locally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    komornickckomornickc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the SAME problem. The closest makeup artist to me is in Eau Claire, half an hour away! We are having an early (1pm) wedding too! I really want someone that can come to the hotel. I can't find a single makeup artist in Chippewa Falls!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards