New York-New York City
Options

NYC Wedding

Hi Girls! I have been torn between whether I want to have an upstate Ny wedding with more a ruistic feel in the fall or a NYC wedding. I have always been under the impression that weddings in NYC are extremely exspensive and I was wondering if anyone knew around what they run per person and could recommend some venues. Our guest list is about 160 people. Thank you :)

Re: NYC Wedding

• Options
    dushyjeydushyjey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey... 
    Depends.... plan your budget first... you can get places for 140-250... then again it depends on the day ... saturdays are more expensive... than a friday or a sunday. Or an afternoon wedding is less expensive. If you really love the space you can be flexible.
    Keep in mind if you where it is easier for everyone to get to ... coz then you will have to look into accommodation and travel too which can be an added expense.... More than the location you need to love the sapce inside and the feel of it... of coz it fits into a budget. 
    I went Crazy finding a place.... and if u have any place in mind... happy to help... 
    good luck. Kiss

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at Bubby's in Brooklyn for fall 2011. They were by far the most responibly priced out of the 50 or so venues I emailed. Great location too, right on the water with views of Manhattan, and the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. I'm doing a package that is about $115 per person, but they are flexible and you can customize anything you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are outdoorsy people, go for Upstate, but if you are more contemporary individuals with a love for elegance, go for NYC. If I were you, I would base the decision more on what will reflect your personalities rather than the budget, but it is all important of course!

Not just to recommend our photographer based on her work, but also because she actually helped us pick out our location too -- you might want to get some ideas from her. She came from Upstate NY to the NYC area so maybe she can offer ideas for both -- http://beimaged.com.

Just thoughts -- good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards