Snarky Brides

Happy Wednesday!

Morning ladies! I'm up early to get a few things done before subbing a half day in 8th grade french- wish me luck haha I speak zero french. 

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• brittany634brittany634 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    No worries, I'll just transfer post lol

and I have a half day friday! I have a nuerology apt. which I'm not looking forward too.

How was everyones night last night? I made lemon pepper chicken with carrots and northern beans for dinner.

Tonight I threw spaghetti sauce and ground beef in the crockpot, since I have class tonight, that was the easiest thing to do :)

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Good morning ladies, new to the board, been lurking for a little bit and thought I would jump in today. Seems like a really fun group!

Hope everyone in the midwest is staying warm. It's been unbelieveably cold -- the news is calling it dangerously cold! :-\
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, Mpickl! Tell us about yourself :) I just recently started posting in the morning thread since I work nights and the ladies are fun to chat with. 

I live in New England and it's been freezing here! 
  • Morning,

Brittany I hope your appointment goes well :)

Nice meeting you Mpickl

Utah has been freezing as well. I do not approve.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Good morning ladies! Coldest day in 2 years here, still not as cold as you're dealing with Jenny! Car almost didn't start, the seats actually felt stiff when I got in! I can't believe it's cold enough to make foam freeze, lol! I was supposed to drive an hour to do a consultation this afternoon, but I'm going to reschedule. Crazy cold + calling for snow squalls = not my idea of a good drive! So instead I'm going to get caught up on school work. My new class requires me to watch 6 hours of video lecture a week, which is crazy intense and hard to fit in! Welcome Mpickl! You need a nickname.... Please tell me pickl stands for Pickle so we can call you that! ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning!

Britt, hope everything is okay!  Good luck with your appointment!

I think it's freezing just about everywhere.  It's 10 degrees here in northeastern PA.  I still have my coat on!

Random work vent.  I mentioned before that the new guy irritated me.  But on top of his annoying little quirks, he's downright creepy.  I just have a weird feeling about him and it bothers me.  Like I wouldn't want to be left alone in the office with him.  I don't know what it is and I hate to sound mean/judgmental, but I hope he doesn't stay here long.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! Pickl stands for Pickl, which is my vowel-deficient last name, until September when I will have all sorts of vowels. Wedding date is 9/28/13, getting married in Plymouth, MI (near Ann Arbor). I work at the University of Michigan in fundraising and am about to finish my master's degree in April... I live with my FI, Troy, and our dog, Brady. We love sports, eating out, cooking together, and adventures to new places. Am I missing anything of grave importance?

As for nicknames... Some coworkers call me Pic, FI calls me Pumpkin Spice. I am down for a special TK nickname as well. :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pic sounds perfect! The only thing you're missing is a puppy picture, the ladies love animal pictures. :-)

• lls- not to read into too much, but I am all for trusting your gut. I make myself highly aware when someone makes me uncomfortables. Maybe it's from too many late nights walking home in Philadelphia, but trust your gut. 

I vote for Pickle- no reason why haha 
  • LLS- be careful! usually gut instinks are right!

I get really bad migraines, I'm averaging 4 a week, at least one being dabilitating, my old nuerologist tried to make me take topomax, which made me even sicker and refused to switch me, so new nuerologist it is! I'm hoping they can get my headaches under control, and that they didn't miss anything on my last MRI-

I vote Pickle too!
  • I vote Pickle!
  • Confession: because of my last name I always misspell Pickle... I never know where to put the E!

And obligatory puppy photo (/e-pic):
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:02fdc035-10e6-4bbc-90a3-434c34c60061Post:16782723-474a-4f4d-9c62-063530843811">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! Coldest day in 2 years here<strong>, still not as cold as you're dealing with Jenny! Car almost didn't start, the seats actually felt stiff when I got in! I can't believe it's cold enough to make foam freeze</strong>, lol! I was supposed to drive an hour to do a consultation this afternoon, but I'm going to reschedule. Crazy cold + calling for snow squalls = not my idea of a good drive! So instead I'm going to get caught up on school work. My new class requires me to watch 6 hours of video lecture a week, which is crazy intense and hard to fit in! Welcome Mpickl! You need a nickname.... Please tell me pickl stands for Pickle so we can call you that! ;-)
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

Yeah, -39C is chilly. My car seats have been frozen solid since November! The snow on the floor of my car doesn't even melt anymore. I'm spending my time online looking for a heater helmet for snowmobiling right now. My current visor frosts up (on the inside) and seeing is important when driving, so I'm in the market for a better helmet. I'm hoping it's going to warm up to the -20s over the weekend so I can get in some cross country skiing. My skis are seriously neglected.

Welcome, Pickle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck Britt! I get migraines very rarely, like a couple times a year b'c of weather,and they totally kick my butt. I can't imagine living with it 3x a week! Lls, I agree about the gut instinct thing! Be careful! Your instincts may also be stronger since you have a little one to take care of. Pickle, your wedding is 8 days after mine! :-) Very cute puppy pic! Was that your engagement shoot? I love pets in professional photos, unfortunately my cats won't cooperate.

• Pickle, very cute puppy shot.  We included our dog in our e-photos too!  
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm def listening to Can't touch this by MC hammer right now, it makes me want to dance!
  • Woo!
    Good morning!
    It's been in the 20's here for two weeks, which I don't love, but I don't really hate either.  There hasn't been any snow or even ice, so I'm fine with it.  We've had an air stagnation warning for the entire two weeks though, and it's starting to make it very hard to breathe.  I've never seen an air stagnation warning before though, so I have no idea what to do.

I get off work early (for me) today, so I'm taking my dog to the dog park!  

Brit- Have you tried any alternative medicine for your migraines in conjunction with migraine medication?  I take ergotamine (I think) and get massages somewhat regularly, and the massages help a lot.  My insurance covers them, so it's just a standard co-pay whenever I go.  I've also heard good things about acupuncture, but since the massages work well for prevention I've never tried it.
  • I vote for Pickle! 

Hi Pickle, I'm Buzz. My nickname was also given to me from these lovely ladies. Welcome! Your pup looks adorable.

To join in with everyone else, it is also freezing here. My car said 8 degrees when I turned it on this morning and even after driving an hour it was still 10 degrees. 

Good news on the Kindle front, I used for a bit last night and it didn't reboot the whole time. I'm hoping I scared it into submission by threatening to send it back. I also downloaded Words with Friends. Who wants to play against me? 

Brit, I hope you start feeling better soon. 

Lls, trust your instinct with this guy. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Morning everyone! Welcome to the group Pickle Britt. Good luck at the neurologist. Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to figure out what works best for you and hopefully your new doc can work with you to find it My sisters' BM dresses came in today so I am excited about that
  • So H is supposed to come home Saturday, but there's a chance he's going to be working on a tv show starting Sunday that will be for 2 months, so he won't come home at all. :(

PEOPLE, HE HAS TO COME HOME TO GET SOME MORE CLOTHES!

OK Swag out.
  • Awe I hope you get to see your H soon Swag, My FI might come home tonight or tomorrow if the weather goes well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards