Wisconsin
Options

Hair/Make-up

Hi Ladies!

I'm looking for recommendations/suggestions on where to get my hair/make-up done for the wedding day.  I've had a series of dreams already where my hair sucks and make-up is awful!  I've been looking at the main salons (Vici, Roots) to find out some of their prices and they just seem a little crazy. I considered going to the School in Vici but I'm just really worried it's not going to turn out how I want - I'm someone who does my hair and make-up on a daily basis and can be somewhat picky with my look.

Does anyone have any recommendations (with how much you spent) on the best places for hair and make-up? Did anyone go to the school in Vici? What was your experience?  I live in the Brookfield area but am willing to go within Waukesha/Milwaukee County....

Help!

Re: Hair/Make-up

• Options
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED may make up person! She was $45.00 for me and $30.00 for the girls. She is pretty new to the scene but my make up was out of this world! She did my make up before and stayed until after the ceremony for touchups. Her customer service was out of this world! If you message me I can send you her information.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012

I did the Vici beauty school for hair and makeup. My 5 bridesmaids, my mother, and me with tip was around $350 for hair AND makeup. Yes, only $50 a person for hair AND makeup! yay! We all had our own stylist and were done in 2 hours!

Everyone looked absolutely stunning. I'm pretty picky with my makeup and I highly recommend them!

I would suggest bringing your own waterproof mascara/eyeliner though. Also, I brought along the foundation I prefer that matches my skin, but that's to be expected.

Rita is the coordinator/contact person at the Greenfield location, and I had several trials with the stylist, too!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Options
    I also used the VICI beauty school in Greenfield & worked with Rita.  We only had our hair done (myself & 6 bridesmaids) and it was super that we all had our own stylist to be in and out within 2 hours.  Since I had 5+ bridesmaids, I got a deal where if I paid for a hair trial ($25), my wedding day hair would be free.  I took advantage of this.

I was actually unhappy with my trial, though part of it was not knowing exactly what I wanted or my hair's limitations.  The "teacher" who oversaw my student was also unhappy and asked me to come back for another trial with another student for free to ensure they got it right.  I did have my 2nd one and it went a bit better, though I wasn't "over the moon" about the trial and we discussed what to change on the big day.  So, on my wedding day, she was about halfway done and it didn't appear to be going how I wanted it so I spoke up.  She got a "teacher" to listen to what I was concerned about and together they made a plan.  It turned out fabulous and I was so happy.  So, regardless of where you go, Speak Up!!

I think after paging though so many magazines and seeing "perfection," it makes it difficult to be 100% happy.  If I had to do it all over again, I would go here and do the same thing.  Upon talking to my bridesmaids (5 married), nearly every one said they were less than impressed with their wedding hair, though they all said it was "ok," they didn't feel it was outstanding.  I think we all set expectations of perfection and that just doesn't happen!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone!!!
  • Options
    Could you give me her info? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards