South Asian Weddings
Options

I... am ridiculously hyper today.

I blame orange juice. Or lack of sleep. Or both. And I'm really, REALLY happy with the fact that it looks like we can actually have a wedding of a sort, not just a trip to the courthouse.

I finally got FI to sit down and TALK with me about wedding stuff. I wasn't willing to settle for a courthouse elopement after all the effort I've put into planning just because he wants to be married before the baby gets here, and he wasn't willing to shell out a lot of money on a huge party just because I want something that looks sorta like a real wedding. So we talked it out and we both agreed that an inexpensive DIY-style wedding in our backyard for fewer than 60 people sometime before April is doable. I have succesfully managed to cut our budget down to under $1500. Ebay, Craigslist, Freecycle, and Overstock.com are my best friends right now.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I... am ridiculously hyper today.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's awesome! I think it sounds like it's right up your alley and what you wanted all along. Do you know when you would have it?

I am really excited for you guys. I think it's a great plan and whatever money you save from not having the all out wedding will be great to have as you start your family.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, he wants it on our anniversary in November. Realistically, our out-of town guests probably won't be able to make it on such short notice, and we may have trouble with the in-town ones because our anniversary falls on a Tuesday, and it also happens to be Election Day. We only have two families on the list from elsewhere - my dad's parents and brother in Chicago and my mom's brotehr and his family in Alabama.

I'm going to see what he thinks about marrying closer to Christmas. Then we could at least have the Chicago group. The AL bunch are planning a trip down here to FL for a family reunion in June. I know they can't afford the trip down here twice inside of six months, so chances are they won't be able to come to the wedding. I plan to invite them anyway, but it's doubtful that they'll make it.

• Options
    Trupti8584Trupti8584 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay..congratulations. Looks like you are going to have the wedding you always wanted. Whether you have it in Novermber or closer to Christmas, we are here to help. Have fun planning.
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you're well on your way, sweetie! Excited to hear about everything.
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Beloved...congrats on agreeing on what you both want!

Share your ideas as soon as you can :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely will:)

We bought our rings today. We needed a temporary set until we can afford our real ones. Mine still has to be made and there's a little work left to do on his because the caster made it too thick. I have to get it filed down and resized and may have to replace a stone or two in the process. So we got stainless steel bands from eBay - a His and Hers set for $25, just so we have something for the ring exchange part of our ceremony.
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yahoo! Congratulations Beloved :):)  Everything is coming together :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't wait for it to get here so we can see picks!

Are you doing a lot of DIY stuff?

xoxo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As much DIY as we can afford. All the paper, decorations, flowers. Clothes we're buying, and hiring a videographer and photographer. We can hand-deliver most of the invitations; only a few need to be mailed.
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Beloved!!!  I am very happy for you...and please share your DIY projects with us!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards