Connecticut

Invitation Question

What did you guys do for invitations?

Traditional Envelopes or Pocketfolds?
Pros/Cons to either would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Invitation Question

• I'm making my own pocketfolds, I like the way you can keep everything together in the pocket instead of everything loose where it could get lost.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We did not use pocketfolds. Honestly, wedding invitations confuse me! I just figured out what I needed and bought those from vistaprint. Then everything went loose in the envelope. 
  • I made my own pocketfolds.  I liked how it kept everything together instead of just putting everything in the envelope
  • Hired Designer Jen to do my invites.  They are not pockets, but they are layered.  I have one enclosure plus my RSVP and they're just going loose in the envelope.

I don't really think there are pros and cons to either.  It's just whatever you want.  Pockets are a little more expensive than flat invites but they're great if you have several enclosures.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_invitation-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:391a1adb-55b8-4d05-a794-796fc50ff7baPost:01e90f62-39cc-4679-9ce5-beb65821f958">Re: Invitation Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm making my own pocketfolds, I like the way you can keep everything together in the pocket instead of everything loose where it could get lost.
    Posted by HeatherR45[/QUOTE]
    I did this as well.  I had a designer design my invitation and rsvp cards for me (for free!  now she charges $7- $14 I think) and set up my file so I could send both to Cards & Pockets to be printed.  Their prices were amazing and with all my supplies (not including postage) my invites (60) came in well under $150, and I printed my own inserts and cut them myself (which I kind of don't recommend, they came out great but it took a lot of time and was sort of frustrating).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are not using pocketfolds. We are tying all the pieces together with raffia and then hanging this (the one on the left) off of them - it's our "logo" that is used a lot in our wedding stationary.
  • I don't have a lot of inserts, so I didn't want a pocketfold, but I wanted that 'together' look, so we're doing folded cards (like a greeting card):

And they using lace wrapped around the front to hold in the pieces (RSVP card and one insert and envelope for RSVP):

Anniversary

• Mine are pocket fold. I love invitations where everything stays together, because i loose things so easily!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_invitation-question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:391a1adb-55b8-4d05-a794-796fc50ff7baPost:e9ccfded-cc6c-4a94-9d21-b77d7d942746">Re: Invitation Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a lot of inserts, so I didn't want a pocketfold, but I wanted that 'together' look, so we're doing folded cards (like a greeting card): And they using lace wrapped around the front to hold in the pieces (RSVP card and one insert and envelope for RSVP):
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

These are so pretty!! I like how the RSVP gets tucked into the lace.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards