New York-Upstate

DJ in Saratoga Springs/ Upstate NY

Hi all- I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on a good DJ in the Saratoga Springs/Albany area. We have just started planning our wedding for this fall...I am about to book the reception and photographer this week. I would like to at least get leads on the DJ as I have heard this is a crucial element to the party. Any experience or advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Jennie

Re: DJ in Saratoga Springs/ Upstate NY

• edited December 2011
    We used Greg Fraiser and were very happy with him.  We booked him based on other rec's from this board.  Paul Malo usually gets very good reviews also (he was booked for our date).
  • edited December 2011
    we are using marc hearsh and i know others who have used him and have been pleased.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Zac Barr, out of Albany.  He was a great help in planning the reception and really made things come together for us!  He was a lot of fun at the reception too!  Everyone had a great time!

He's not cheap, but he does a fantastic job!

http://www.djzacbarr.com
  • edited December 2011
    Kenny Casanova.
  • jcasey513jcasey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer suggested Jeff Richards and Andy Pratt... Anyone use them before?
  • Belle20RCBelle20RC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andy Pratt was nice, but pricey...
  • jcasey513jcasey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I noticed  $1200!! :( oh well we like Jeff Richards from his myspace. He seems like a fun guy,  He works through Conway Entertainment. Anyone use them before. Their prices are resonable- Start at $750 but im not sure if I will add lighing now that its cheaper (depending on how much it is of course)...hmm..
  • MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Adirondack Wedding Association, they can give you info on all sorts of vendors, DJ's included, and if you book 4 vendors you get 10% off each one. I've heard really great things about Total Entertainment from several people, and they are in the A.W.A. so definitely check them out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Music Man-Mike Garassi!  So far he's been wonderful!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards