Michigan-Lansing

Hotels

I got a little freaked today because the wedding is still 10 months away, and two of the hotels I checked with are already sold out! They are two of the ones nearest campus though. I'm still not sure what's going on, because it's not a home game weekend, but it could be something else on campus. Or certain groups hosting their conferences at those places, etc.

Everywhere else I have checked has availability. Even so, we are going to go soon (like next week or so) to check out a couple of them. I want to see a couple of the guest rooms, make sure the hotel overall is nice, not dirty looking or anything. I'm also checking out reviews on travel websites. I'd really like to look at some of the places on the west side of town, but that's probably last resort just because it's the furthest in driving time from the reception site.

How far in advance is everyone setting up their group blocks? Certainly doesn't hurt to have it in place, and to let guests know. I'm glad I found out now that some places are filling up!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotels

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a lot of help because we got a room block with our reception location so it was set up when we booked.  But good luck!
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We booked last weekend for a end of July wedding.  We went with the Courtyard by Marriott on Lake Lansing Road.  The facility was completly remodeled during the last year, so looks very nice.

Good luck, I hope you find somewhere you like.
  • edited December 2011
    I reserved my hotel block at the hotel where my reception is being held, so it was booked 5 months ago when I booked the reception.  The sooner you can set up your blocks the better, so it's great that you're doing it now.  I know that the hotel I'm using is already sold out for certain room types and we're still 6 months out from the wedding.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know where I'd like to go, but it's seems unnecessary to make people drive 25 minutes to the hotel, when there are so many other ones in between. I haven't ruled it out yet though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out the Ramada on the westside.  I work there, you can get a good rate (depending on how may rooms) and usually you get the bridal suite for free.  All the rooms have been remodeld in the past 2 years.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's funny you say that...I actually work at a hotel on the west side too. I'd like to go there, but it's just kind of far after the reception, and probably complicated for people who are not from here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards