40-Plus Brides

Weight loss

I have 4 stone to lose by sept 24th 2013 when I get married in Gretna green , uk. Is it possible to lose this weight and tone up in this time and how much exercise should I be doing a week HELP!

Re: Weight loss

• There's a Getting in Shape community on TK.  Look on the left of this screen. They'd have some good ideas.  How much does 4 stone = ?
  • I'm getting married on September 1st.  January 3rd I joined weight watchers and have lost 38 1lbs.  Hope to lose at least 7 more before my wedding.  Safe diet and I never feel hungry. 
  • Me and my sister (who just had a baby) both lost a lot of weight on Ideal Protein which is through our chiroprators office.  What I liked about it is that they do not want you to eat their food for the rest of your life and there is accountability (every week I was weighed and measured).  There are 4 phases and by phase 4 you are eating all real food.  It taught me to eat healthy and to understand how food works as fuel, good carbs/bad carbs, portions, etc.  I have been on my own for over 2 months and have not put the weight back on and I really think it is because it helped me create a lifestyle change.  I also started exercising which I am sure is what is also helping to keep it off.  Because I am someone who tells people what to do all day I needed a diet where someone told me what to do.  At the end of the day I am too tired to think for myself...lol
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started myfitnesspal.com. Just wanted to tone up and lose about 20lbs before my Oct. Wedding. I have lost 5lbs in 3 weeks and I can eat anything but find I really pick better choices. I also work out for 30 to 35 mins, 5 times a week and walk with FI three or four times a week. Just find something you like to do and that works for you. I agree with the other brides in that you don't want a fad diet but need to make health choices. Good luck and thanks for the lesson on the Stone. Never knew that. 
  • I'm using myfitnesspal.com too and have lost 10 lbs in a month by just eating healthier, drinking more water and walking every other day. My biggest challenge is going to be to just maintain once I have my dress fitting next week. I would love to lose more weight before the wedding but I want my dress to fit me perfectly come October! Good luck. You can do it!
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • I agree with the PPs, and would add one other easy step: Writing down what I eat and drink every day has been an amazingly effective thing for me. I'm exercising a few days a week (I'm training for a full marathon, but using the Jeff Galloway method, which keeps your speed and your mileage way down, so it's NOT a way to lose weight unless you're also careful about eating the right things). But I started writing down what I was eating and ROUGHLY calculating the calorie count, and I dropped a pound a week for the next few weeks. I'm not getting out my measuring cups and I don't have a food scale, but I'm probably close in estimating amount of food and calories -- I'm definitely not pouring out half a box of cereal and calling it a serving! I had my dress fitting (it fit!!) and then stopped writing down what I was eating, and poof, those 3 pounds came right back over the next two weeks through a combination of calories and salt intake. So keeping a food journal may be my new thing. Research studies have shown that people who write down what they eat (even if they DON'T caluclate the calories) eat 10% less than people who don't....

So, I've got a month til my wedding, and I pick up my dress on August 15. I need to enter the last two days' meals and snacks, but I'm back on it. Gotta be....

Good luck to you.
  • Ginger2012Ginger2012 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    For those who want to lose weight healthy and quick, Medifast is highly recommended. I lost 25 pounds in a month. My sister lost 40 in 3 months. It's a diet that a lot of physicians have put their patients on and has been around for years. 

I have some  Medifast for anyone interested in buying it! I lost my 25 in one month and now have over a month's worth of food left. I can post a pic of what food I have. Let me know! :)

Weight Watchers is a great program. Medifast is more for people who want to lose weight quickly - after three days on program you go into a fat burning state. So again, it's quick weight loss. By the way, just joined today to read the forum NOT to post this. But I was reading the thread titles and saw this so I posted about my Medifast. I can't recommend it enough. Truly the fastest way to lose weight safely without losing muscle tone. Which is big for me since I'm 49.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards