Missouri-St Louis

Cake Recommendations in STL

I'm fairly new in town, so I'm not familiar with all the local businesses.

I'm looking for a place for my weddding cake in July. I got a card for Rachel's Bakery at the Wedding Show.
Does anyone have experience with this bakery? Or recommend anyone else?

Thanks in advance,
Amanda

Re: Cake Recommendations in STL

• auriannaaurianna member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    My mom paid so I really don't know prices, but The Cakery cake tasted amazing. They were also really accomodating with the tastings (they even made a really nice carryout box with all sorts of samples so that we could do the tasting in our own home). If I recall they don't upcharge for having multiple flavors, and they had lots of filling choices (we did banana with vanilla filling, chocolate with choclate filling and white cake with strawberry filling). We also gave them a picture of a fairly intriquite cake we saw in a magazine and they replicated it almost perfectly (they also were perfectly fine with our suggestion of using some fake layers to make the cake look good and letting us pay for cheaper kitchen cakes in the back)
    So again, don't know about the price point, but they have a lot of variety, the cake was really moist and yummy, and they made it look really good.

McCarthur's is also a popular one. I like the company as a whole and think they have good tasting cake, but if I recall they nickle & dime you more for having fillings / multiple flavors / certain decorations, etc. I'm a Cakery girl.

ETA: Don't know anything about Rachel's Bakery,, but haven't heard anything bad, so that's always a good thing.
  • I don't know anything about Rachel's bakery, sorry.

My wedding cake was awesome and came from Lubeley's.  It is a really neat old school bakery.  They actually made my grandma's wedding cake, my mom's and then mine.  My cake was amaretto with fresh raspberry and chocolate/ yellow marble with bavarian cream, and they dyed the buttercream and made it shimmery to match my gold silk dress.  

The Cakery was my second pick, their cakes are also really yummy.  Their red velvet is my favorite flavor from them.  They quoted me almost $800 for a 3 layer cake to feed 170 people though, so they were out of my price range (I paid $325 for the same style of cake from Lubeley's).
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • THANKS! I will be looking into these!
  • J. Noto gave a very personal experience. We went with them!
  • Mc Arthurs on Lemay Ferry in south county is priced really well and taste great.  They are also a Knot pick. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards