Destination Weddings Discussions

Eloping itinerary?

Well hi there!  I'm going to be "eloping" with my FI next May in Hawaii (Maui island!).  We can't decide what to do once we are declared man and wife though: head straight back to the hotel room?  Take some photos?  Head to a nice dinner?  We're not sure what people do when they have a private wedding for 2, so thoughts anyone?
Visit Maui.Weddings.com

Re: Eloping itinerary?

• What do you want? It's really up to you. I think a lot of couples do pictures and then go to eat. Where on Maui are you getting married? I'm a Maui bride, too. 
  • Hello and congrats!  We're eloping to Maui this Sept.!  I have the ceremony set up with photographer for an hour then after that dinner at Merriman's.  It's definitely low key as far as weddings go but right up our alley.  Good luck with your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Congrats!!! I will be eloping on Oahu in 3 weeks!! My days is planned like this. 10 am ceremony and pics, 11 am-12 pm limo ride "site seeing". 12-2 lunch and some drinks. 2-6 not sure, maybe relax back in the room. At 6 I need to get refreshed because we have our second sunset photoshoot at 6:45-7:45. 8 pm intimate dinner. You can pretty much do whatever but I do know I'm wearing my dress to lunch and dinner.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We don't exactly know yet where in Maui, but we found a photographer we like and she recommended Mama's Fish House.  We will spend the rest of our honeymoon in Keihei (and travel around the island).  What great ideas @jtoly!  Any other location suggestions from you Maui brides?  
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com
  • I'm getting married at Mama's Fish House! It's amazing. Love it soooo much. If you want to know anything about it, let me know. There's info on it on my blog and planning bio. I've also got tons of pictures I could send you. We are having our reception there, as well and staying at their inn. Everyone there is super nice. Their flower lady is amazing and is doing all of our flowers. I could give you her information, too. Her prices are great. It's been so easy planning our wedding there that I didn't need to hire a planner. Plus, since you get married on their property, you don't have to get a permit to get married on the beach.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_eloping-itinerary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:dd08d54b-5010-4eea-abb7-829a16bf8735Post:024e643a-5bd1-4750-8223-3bc794e564ad">Eloping itinerary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well hi there!  I'm going to be "eloping" with my FI next May in Hawaii (Maui island!).  We can't decide what to do once we are declared man and wife though: head straight back to the hotel room?  Take some photos?  Head to a nice dinner?  We're not sure what people do when they have a private wedding for 2, so thoughts anyone?
    Posted by arice3372[/QUOTE]

We did a few more photos then took a car to where we had a private dinner set up. It was lovely :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When during the day do you think you'll be saying "I do!"?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards