Maine

Looking to do a "mini moon" in Maine, please help!

We live in RI and the wedding is in two months in Newport.  We have both never been to Maine and thought it would be nice an relaxing to go there for a few days right after the wedding. We are trying to make the whole trip as well under 2 grand as possible but a lot of the hotels we looked at are pricey.  I need to get this squared away soon I know things book up in mid Sept.

Any nice and fairly inexpensive hotel suggestions would be great.  Oh and also we want to stay in the Kennebunkport area.  Surrounding towns are fine.  I had heard Arrow was a fabulous restaurant so we will definitely eat there.  Any adive would be appreciated!

Re: Looking to do a "mini moon" in Maine, please help!

• ems27ems27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_looking-to-do-a-mini-moon-in-maine-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:72addd59-9ff1-4d92-8660-c3496b5ef29aPost:ef3d6723-8c2e-4a59-a610-bf9237a61623">Looking to do a "mini moon" in Maine, please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We live in RI and the wedding is in two months in Newport.  We have both never been to Maine and thought it would be nice an relaxing to go there for a few days right after the wedding. We are trying to make the whole trip as well under 2 grand as possible but a lot of the hotels we looked at are pricey.  I need to get this squared away soon I know things book up in mid Sept. Any nice and fairly inexpensive hotel suggestions would be great.  Oh and also we want to stay in the Kennebunkport area.  Surrounding towns are fine.  I had heard Arrow was a fabulous restaurant so we will definitely eat there.  Any adive would be appreciated!
    Posted by shaina925[/QUOTE]

I would personally suggest renting a house or staying at the Inn on Peak's Island off the coast of Portland- lots of kayaking/bike rental/ice cream/beach time stuff and a few good restaurants, and you can always catch the ferry to Portland for more eateries/trolley tours of some lighthouses/bars/pubs/shopping and easy access to Freeport for the outlets.

BUT, Kennebunkport area:  did you look at the Colony Hotel or the Kennebunkport Inn?  Also, check sites like Groupon or LivingSocial (many others as well) for deals on accomodations, activities and restaurants.

This is a local one that you might not have heard of: <a href="http://www.halfpriceonlineoutlet.com/intro.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.halfpriceonlineoutlet.com/intro.php</a>
    June 2013 August Sig Challenge
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I grew up in Kennebunkport- theres some REALLY cute little hotels and inns in town, Nonantum and colony are GORGEOUS but they are Pricey- check out Captain Lords Mansion, or Kingsport Inn- Cute little places and are right in town, and near the Beaches... enjoy! its a BEAUTIFUL town- let me know if you need more suggestions for the area :-)
  • Thank you!  I definitely will.  Have you eaten at arrow?
  • no, Can't say I've heard anything about them either but Living in town there, we never really went to any of the more $$ restaurants- our Favorite places in town are Federal Jacks, and Allisons... Causal Dining, good food and good enviroment- but if your looking for something a little more upscale, theres Bandaloop, and On the Marsh, Kennebunk Inn, Stripers, and Arundel Wharf, all of which are Very good restaurants in town. Arrows is Down in Ogunquit- about 25 minutes south on Rt. 1
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_looking-to-do-a-mini-moon-in-maine-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:72addd59-9ff1-4d92-8660-c3496b5ef29aPost:ef3d6723-8c2e-4a59-a610-bf9237a61623">Looking to do a "mini moon" in Maine, please help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We live in RI and the wedding is in two months in Newport.  We have both never been to Maine and thought it would be nice an relaxing to go there for a few days right after the wedding. We are trying to make the whole trip as well under 2 grand as possible but a lot of the hotels we looked at are pricey.  I need to get this squared away soon I know things book up in mid Sept. Any nice and fairly inexpensive hotel suggestions would be great.  Oh and also we want to stay in the Kennebunkport area.  Surrounding towns are fine.  I had heard Arrow was a fabulous restaurant so we will definitely eat there.  Any adive would be appreciated!
    Posted by shaina925[/QUOTE]

<div>I suggest you to look into Old orchard beach or Sebago lake area! you can rent a house for much less than paying a hotel cost!</div><div>A frind of mine it's renting his house by sebago lake and you can visit naples and rent a boat and have fun in the lake! the fun town and it's 30 minuts from the cool town called old orchard beach! if you want his information I can share with you. Call me and I can share it with you 207-482-3778. I think he is renting his house for 60 dollars a day, king size bed, with everything if you wish to cook and you can save money too.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards