Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

how many chairs should I rent for ceremony

I am having 100 guests at the wedding but I have been told that I shouldn't expect all of them to attend the ceremony. My ceremony is being held outdoors, 5 minutes away from my reception venue, and is supposed to start at 5:30pm on Friday (reception to immediatly follow after alloted commute time). Most of our families are going to be OOT guests but most of our friends will be from the surrounding areas. I don't want to not have enough chairs for the ceremony but I also don't want there to be 5 unused back rows of chairs either...is there a good rule of thumb for my issue or should I just rent 100 chairs and be safe?

Re: how many chairs should I rent for ceremony

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_many-chairs-should-rent-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:31bb1038-06fd-46c8-bd4f-cc4dad5a152dPost:d8efeb3d-56f2-4ae5-a93c-3f1dcf9a4f1d">how many chairs should I rent for ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am having 100 guests at the wedding but I have been told that I shouldn't expect all of them to attend the ceremony. My ceremony is being held outdoors, 5 minutes away from my reception venue, and is supposed to start at 5:30pm on Friday (reception to immediatly follow after alloted commute time). Most of our families are going to be OOT guests but most of our friends will be from the surrounding areas. I don't want to not have enough chairs for the ceremony but I also don't want there to be 5 unused back rows of chairs either...is there a good rule of thumb for my issue or should I just rent 100 chairs and be safe?
    Posted by dragons106[/QUOTE]

100 chairs.
    What would you do if they actually all did show up? If there are a few empty chairs, it's no big deal.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Rent 100 chairs.
  • Actually, I would rent a few more than 100, like 104.  You can't guarantee that every seat gets filled, and worse, what if there's an odd set of rows?  Would you want a couple to sit 2 rows apart because those were the only seats left? 

Also, why would it be so bad to have a few empty chairs, regardless of where they were?
  • every butt gets a seat.
  • Plan on 100 chairs, but see if whoever you rent from lets you change your number after RSVPs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One for each person invited.  BTW:  you should also budget for 100% attendance, and be sure that your reception can hold 100% of your guests.

There have been several brides on these boards who have come here stunned, because people that they were SURE wouldn't come, RSVP'd yes, and they don't have the $$ and/or space to accommodate them.

Good luck.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards