Christian Weddings

Changing our date

FI and I were planning to get married on 9/10.  I thought my brother would be home from his overseas TOD and that is the only weekend in September that my parents are in town.  Well, there have been many obstacles that the 9/10 date has provided (mainly due to the popularity of the weekend), and we have decided to move the wedding up!
So as of this weekend our new date is 7/23, and I am feeling so many emotions I don't know what to do.  I'm excited that I will be his wife in less than 8 weeks, overwhelmed at the amount of stuff that needs to be done, nervous about combining lives and households, in awe that God has blessed me with a wonderful man to marry, and about a thousand other emotions.
Also very glad to have this board to be able to come and spew some of my feelings without having to worry about judgement.  You girls are such a blessing.
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Changing our date

• mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! :) It's coming so fast, and I'm praying that you will have peace about it. What all do you still need to get done?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa!  Holy crap!  Moving the date up this close must be hard to manage, but with prayer and some help I'm sure you'll make it!  So what will have to change?  Venue, entertainment, cake, food, etc.?
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    That's so exciting. Good luck on getting everything done. Will your parents and brother still be able to come to the wedding?

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • edited December 2011
    Well, we have been intending on something small, so we hadn't actually done anything other than make a guest list.  We will have less than 50 people in total.  My parents will be able to attend, but we have no idea when my brother will return to the states.
    It would be easier to say what we have done than what we haven't.  So far I've written a rough draft of my vows (an easy thing) and we've made the guest list.  FI has asked his cousin (a youth minister) to officiate, and he believes he is available to do that.  We've also talked about what details we want.  I'm about to head up to the church to see if it's available that morning.
    Luckily, we both agree that this should be simple, so that will help relieve some of the stress.  This means no attendants, no big ordeal on flowers, decorations, etc.  It will be a late morning ceremony with a buffet lunch.  Our families are not drinkers/dancers, so that will suit us well.  My major stressor will be finding a dress.  I'm not a fan of dresses in general and haven't worn one in 20 years.  I plan on going simple with the dress also, nothing 'bridal', but not to casual either.  
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! You now have a lot to do but you get to be husband and wife sooner!! 

You'll get it all done. Let us know if you need help!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    If your wedding is in 1.5 months, I suggest you get a dress - like - yesterday, lol.

ETA:  If you're planning on getting something off the rack and won't need much in the way of alterations, you'll be fine, but if you need anything done on it, you'll need to get started.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with all your planning. Since you said you are having a simple ceremony then it looks like you won't be too stressed. My only advice is get on finding a dress you feel comfortable and pretty in and get your invitations ready.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    As of this afternoon the church is booked!!! Although we had to change the date again as the church and FI's cousin are not available on 7/23.  We moved it out one week to 7/30.  I have the invitations ready, we just have to finalize the start time and then they'll be ready to click submit.  I'm hoping to head closer to Dallas next week to do some dress shopping one day.  Can't do  that this week because with one less work day and the same amount of work, I can't take a day off.  But yes, that is at the top of my priority list.
    -Faith - Thank you, just reading through everyone's posts is helpful.  I'm feeling very blessed not to have to put on some big production.  That's not really my style at all.

• SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So excited for you guys to become husband and wife sooner! The waiting game is the hardest part of planning! lol
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That is exciting but I can see how it could be nerve wracking to try to get everything done in time.  Hopefully you can re-prioritize and let go of some of the things that aren't as important.  (Although it seems like you have things well under control.) 
  • edited December 2011
    That is so exciting! Don't worry- you will get everything done and have a beautiful wedding with your family. I am very happy for you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards