January 2012 Weddings

Too early to mail out STDs?

Just wondering if it's too early to send out my save-the-dates. The date will be 8 months away in two days. They are magnets and I don't want people to be sick of seeing me and my FI on their fridge for so long.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Too early to mail out STDs?

• Do you have many out of town guests? The sooner they know the cheaper they may be able to travel. I also think it is just personal preference as to when to send them out. All the weddings I have gone to did not have save the dates so I really don't know when the best time to send them out is.

That was probably not much help for you! lol Sorry!

Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  •  I do have several out of town guests so I'll probably send them out soon.
    Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think you should send them out ASAP! I would rather know sooner than later, and I'm sure nobody will get sick of looking at you!
  • I have the same date, and I have had mine out for 3 months already!
  • Save the Dates are usually sent out 6 to 8 months before the wedding so you are fine to mail them out now!
  • Yeah, out of town guests need to know sooner than later...and you don't want to send out your STDs right before you send out the invites. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent ours last weekend, but we are having a destination wedding and need to give ample time for everyone to make travel arrangements.  But like the PPs said, if you have a lot of people traveling it is good to get them out soon just in case.  I've received invitations (without STDs) for weddings far away and would have appreciated the advanced notice. 

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think you're sending them at a good time.  Our wedding is January 14th and we are planning to mail ours out in June.  I;m still working on our guest list, so that's where my hold up is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards