May 2013 Weddings

Has it hit yet?

So we have been engaged for quite sometime now and have been planning for awhile but for some reason or another I still don't feel like we are getting married.Every check that we check off the list it still hasn't hit. Does anyone else feel this way? I wonder when I am going to have my OMG I am getting married moment. lol
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
cake4
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has it hit yet?

• I am with ya on this one. I wonder if it's because we've been engaged for so long (15months)
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't really had it yet either.. Been engaged since July 2011.. Still have some checks to go, so maybe it's coming.... Sort of got it a little when I found my dress, but TBH, I think I was just OMG about my dress, not the whole marriage thing. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • It hasn't hit met yet either. Maybe when my dress is in or when we order invites. 7 months still feels like so long away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes and no, we also had 2 yr engagement by time we get hitched. I feel like we have so much done that I'm waiting on the date, I also feel like its taking forever to get here lol I still have minor things to do but I don't want to have boxes of stuff lying around full of wedding stuff. Fmil has a box of stuff and I feel horrible enough about that lol
  • Hasn't hit me either, I thought maybe when I picked up my dress, but nope! We've been engaged since May of this year. I'm thinking it's not gonna hit me until the day of or the rehearsal dinner.

Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • We have only been engaged since March, but I have noticed the feeling creeping up if that makes sense? I'm not all OMG but I do get little moments where I just want to smile thinking about it coming sooner and sooner :)
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We got engaged July 2011...  It hit me when MY dress and veil came in and I tried them on.  I had a moment with my mom and I cried like a little baby.
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to know I'm not the only one. I thought between picking up my dress or putting down all of these deposits I would have one but nope nada... Lol
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It didn't really hit me until we were at our engagement party.  That's when I was like "Holy cow we're really doing this!"  I mean we've been engaged since December so it's definitely been a while, and at first people were hesitant to really do anything wedding-related.  

The closer we get to the 6 month mark, the more real it seems to feel.  That probably has something to do with the fact this is the busiest semester either one of us has ever had, so wedding stuff hasn't been our top priority.  Making sure I graduate on time (which is technically a year early), and that he gets pa school applications in, have been our main focuses. Plus work.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • edited October 2012
    I think it has set in, but it gets more and more real, especially now that we are getting STD's out. I always say I can't believe we are getting married, but I think that's just because I feel like I've waited so long for this and it's actually here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've been engaged since 2007. This is our second time planning, postponed the first time because we decided my education was more important. Next month will be 12 yrs together. If it hasn't hit me after this long, I don't think it will until the day of.
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I just said to FI last night, I want to be married already! We've been engaged for 14 months so far.. and I feel like its so far away still. Once January comes, maybe it won't feel as far away.. but it sure has felt like its taken its time to get here.
  • We've only been engaged since April, but I still haven't had that moment yet. Not even when I got my dress...sat down and talked with the caterers...nada. Maybe it'll happen soon?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards