Snarky Brides

Am I being unreasonable?

2»

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

• I'd suggest they take cabs.  A rental car isn't going to do much good if there's no one licensed to drive it.  Your FI is going to be very, very busy that day.  Guest transport is not something he should be worrying about.  
  • rickinickirickinicki member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    To clarify: We are renting one with a driver as well. My fiance is absolutely not driving anyone the day of the wedding. That was never an option.
  • Have you looked into the cost of that? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • rickinickirickinicki member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    At a few places. I looked online and got a few estimates. Haven't called around yet because it's still early. I already know it's not going to be super cheap but I really do want to make sure they are able to get to and from.
  • ARE taxis an option?  I realize it's not as nice as a car with a driver--but if you could pay for a taxi for each of them, it would likely be cheaper than ONE rented car with a driver.

• I guess I could look into it. When I originally posted this I was really angry about what she said, like what we were offering her wasn't good enough. Looking at it now, I wouldn't have a problem with taxis taking them to and from. My future FIL has been so chill about all of this, I don't think he'd care either way. For now, I am going to let it sit for a bit and when the time comes closer I will let her know what my fiance and I decide on.

I appreciate everyone's input!
  • That's totally reasonable to me.  You guys have plenty of time.

• I would tell MIL to suck it up...it is not her day.  It is her day to be the center of attention.  It is the day for the TWO OF YOU to be it.  One car is MORE THAN ENOUGH.  Tell her to put her big girl pants on or find another mode of transportation...Sorry to be blunt...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards