New Jersey
Options

NWR: Chrysler is crooked

Hi All,
One of my BM is going through a horriable ordeal with her car.  She and her husbandhave a 2007 Dodge Charger that died last Monday, the dealer said the ECM died, they wouldn't give them a loaner (even though its covered under warranty)After she started a blog, tweets, letters to Better Business Bureau, Sen. William Larkin, the Attorney General, Arnold Diaz from Fox News, Chrysler Corporate, her attorney as well as various social media posts - Chrysler got wind and gave them a loaner last Friday. 

Today they called them and claim they've reassessed their vehicle and a rats nest is in the car engine and caused the damage and now nothing is covered and they are held responsible for their multiple failed attempts to repair the ECM, parts, labor and new harnesses!!! 

Chrysler is taking them on a rollor coaster from hell.  I am trying to help them spread the word on this horriable ride that an American car manafucturer is putting them through.  Please help me spread this news in hopes to take some action!  If you would
PLEASE click this blog! Comment if you'd like, and forward this on to everyone you know!  They have already had 600+ hits and were showing up on search engines..the higher they get on the search engines, the more pressure on Chrysler...

Thanks in advance!

http://chrysleriscrooked.blogspot.com/
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: NWR: Chrysler is crooked

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How in the world did they get a rat's nest in their engine?  Did the car sit for a while?  I also don't know of any car manufacturar that covers "Rat's nest in the engine".  On the other hand, why did it take this dealership almost a week to figure out there was a rat's nest in the engine?! So many questions! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly.  My BM drives the car everyday to work on the highway as well as drops her 2yr old off at school and run errands for the household.  Unless these are super mice I am not really sure how on earth they got there!?!? I am sure mice do not enjoy "chillin" on super hot motors.  Or could it be the days that it has now sat there on the lot waiting for the part.  It just enrages me thinking that big corp. that we bailed out with our tax dollars is now doing this to them.  My hearth just breaks for them.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see a ton of these posts weekly on the automative forums I am on.  Tell your friend to save her energy.  Also, they are not required to give you a loaner, it's a perk at the discretion of the dealership.  Some things are not covered under warranty, her best bet is to talk with the manager and understand why they are not covering things, and if she still isn't satisified, she can write a letter to chrysler, but unless she plans to sue them, whatever their ruling is she will have to live with.  I've seen this with all car manufactuers over the years, they don't cover everything and can't satisify everyone.  So don't feel like she is singled out here, it's pretty common.

I mean come on, bother a senator over a loaner car??
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She should read her warranty documents carefully, but rodents in cars is not that unusual (my parents have had issues with mice several times), and (admittedly having not seen the warranty documentation) I wouldn't expect a dealer or manufacturer to handle that because it has nothing to do with the workmanship of the car.  If a branch falls on the car while they're driving and the windshield cracks, would you expect that to be covered by the warranty?

They may want to look into whether their car or homeowner's insurance covers it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've heard of squirrels nesting inside brand new Jaguars, chewing all the hoses and ruining the car completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-chrysler-crooked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e179c65e-cdf2-45b3-b48b-62b28bb8a342Post:9e7ceebf-6d76-4dd0-80aa-71d5c5c8c692">Re: NWR: Chrysler is crooked</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see a ton of these posts weekly on the automative forums I am on.  Tell your friend to save her energy.  Also, they are not required to give you a loaner, it's a perk at the discretion of the dealership.  Some things are not covered under warranty, her best bet is to talk with the manager and understand why they are not covering things, and if she still isn't satisified, she can write a letter to chrysler, but unless she plans to sue them, whatever their ruling is she will have to live with.  I've seen this with all car manufactuers over the years, they don't cover everything and can't satisify everyone.  So don't feel like she is singled out here, it's pretty common. <strong>I mean come on, bother a senator over a loaner car??</strong>
    Posted by USER876[/QUOTE]

Yeah, exactly. There are WAY more important things that our senators have to work on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards